Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific WebSite Building Pre-sale Questions

Hi!

I have several specific questions for the forumabout several sites I have in mind - and would you indicate whether each one can be accomplished readily enough with one or more of Blue Voda's features, or are any of them too complicated or technical (so that I'd need someone to program it for me) - please:

1) I'd like to create and manage an affiliate marketing program. So, can I build a basic web site for the service I want to market and then *******te that site for each affiliate who joins my program, customizing it with the affiliate's name and contact information and being able to identify the affiliate who referred the prospect/customer to me/my web site, so that I can keep track of whom I owe a referral fee to?

2) Can I display many different homes for sale, including pictures and descriptions of each?

3) Can I create or display a list of reciprocal links to/from other web sites on my home (or any other) page?

4) Can I use RSS links?

5) Can I use blogs?

6) Would I be able to create or change header tags, meta tags, alt tags, H1 tags and so on?!

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Re: Specific WebSite Building Pre-sale Questions

You have asked some great questions!

1. Post Affiliate Pro (PAP) is a program included Free with each VodaHost account, and this gives you the ability to run a full-fledged affiliate program, complete with dynamic banner creation, tracking, tiered payouts, etc. Using this powerful software is a breeze, but it is based on tracing "incoming" referrals to a static website, not a specially prepared "affiliate website" (such as a cloned site framed or with an affiliate's own header).
    For example, Target has one website, but tracks more than 30,000 affiliate referrals to compensate for....you are actually asking for the ability to "customize" a website for affiliates and utilize tracking also. I suppose PAP could be used to do this also, but that would mean that you would be running multiple programs (as each program would need to be set for each website). Do you see the difference?
    *To track individually customized "affiliate" websites, it would simple to "protect" them via password, and assign unique passwords, wouldn't it?

2. VodaHost offers a number of Free utilities to accomplish this: there is a "classifieds" technology in the Fantastico! area of the Account Control Panel, a choice of commerce solutions (carts, which can be used non-traditionally), and even a choice of Forums...all of which offer the organization and User-Friendly formats to not only do this simply, but present it attractively also. Of course, you can use Blue Voda to create an attractive and fully functional site for this purpose, as other VodaHost clients have successfully done. It's simply a matter of deciding what look you want, and what "tool" you are comfortable using!

3. Of course, in any format you desire.

4. Yes, you can.

5. Mentioned above, as a VodaHost client you have a choice of blog utilities to choose from - Free!

6. This is commonly suggested practice, and you will find many means and guidelines in this very Forum to assist you in doing just this.

Welcome to VodaHost!

We are looking forward to working with you!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Point 2. Open Realty, a Real Estate Sale software is included also in your account, and could be a good solution for your home pics/description display purposes. It also comes with a database, which allows for multiple search criteria to be used when searching for a house
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

To have not one but two Generals reply so promptly and thoroughly to a guy who left the Army as a 1st Lt. (DP Officer) was quite unexpected - and much appreciated! It gives me the encouragement to go forward with my site building plans, based on Blue Voda's tools and support, which I trust will continue long after my purchase. (I haven't done much with computers since I left the Army and later the industry in the 70s - and I was more of a "generalist" than a techie back then at that!!)

Well, thanks again - and I look forward to your help (or at least the forum's help) as I get into dealing with the "devil and the details".

BTW, I take it that these forums are the primary means of support, based on my earlier experience with technical support. (Perhaps tech support is intended for paying customers, not "pre-sale" questions?!)

Comment

No, you can also submit a support ticket even though you're not yet a customer. However, usually easy issues have a more immediate answer here on the forum. VodaTalk has memners in USA, Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa, Asia wherever you might think of, there is a VodaTalk member, thus covering all 24 hrs of the day.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X