Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with noah's classifieds admin login

Hi
    I'm having problems loging in as admin to noah's classifieds, I've seen many posts on this problem but haven't seen any solutions.
    The script seems to install ok (using fantistico) but when I try to log in on the site using the link noah sent to me by email, it says "password is limited to 32 characters" or it says that "the user name and password are not valid." Both of which are not true. I've tried uninstall\ reinstall, have a new password sent to me with a log in link, nothing seems to work. I can go to the site where it is installed www.used.saoweb.com and see the sample ads working but it will not let me register or login as admin. The Noah site says that they do not support the free version and people in the forum seem to think it is some sort of compatablity problem with BV or mysql version?? there is alot of people with this problem talking on noahs site but I have been unable to find a solution.

anybody have an idea of what to do??

thanks

Re: problems with noah's classifieds admin login

BRB > Looking into it....

Via Fantastico (in cP), you are supposed to be able to access your board, and your Admin - which should be listed as a link - showing your admin string to the board itself. You say that does not work, as your password is not valid? Did you remember that no spaces, case sensitive?

In your VH cP, under My Domains > My Programs, you should also see a "back door" to elements associated with your account.

And.....since you've installed/re-installed, are you sure you are using the latest logon info? (I know, sounds redundant).

Lastly....since the board IS up, and you have had to log in prior, what may you be doing differently now?

** Remember, installing in Fantastico means your entire setup is done in Fantastico....including initial access and registering you as Admin in the process (you don't go to Noah direct for this). It will ask you "Which Directory" at which time you need to give it a name, i.e. "classifieds" which should be accessible via your domain: www. yourdomainname.com/classifieds ??? So....what's the domain name itself?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hi
      thanks for the advise, but it still will not let me login as admin.
      I did install the script as per the instructions in fantastico and made it to the directory "classifides". The link it provides as the admin login is the same as the url to view the board... it says that you just have to log in using the admin user name and password to access the admin area, here is the url http://www.saoweb.com/classifides
      It will not even allow you to register as a new user...
      Tonight I went to to the board and tried "forgot my password". It sent me a link and a new password by email, when I click on the link they provided in the email it says permission denied "you may have mistyped the link" ???
      Is it possible for you to try to install noha on your site? so that you can see what I'm talking about?

thankyou so much for helping!!

Comment

I remember General VodaHost advising to contact Noah himself in another thread.....have you done so yet?
        (Apparently, he is one of the very rare programmers that supports his own product).

You'll find the exact link HERE

Comment

that link is dead
          I have heard that noah's classifieds no longer supports the freeware version which means I'm out of luck!!
          Has anyone successfully installed this script on vh?

Comment

The link worked for me....just now....takes you to the Support Forum and more. (Have to kill the pop-ups tho)
            Hey, Steve....if you can't get this rocking, Submit a Ticket by Golly! Get Admin on it...

Comment

It's working fine but how can i change the logo " Nohas Classifides" to Nizamabad Info Classifides, plz tell me. my site URL is www.nizamabadinfo.com/classifieds
              Naveen Kyatham

Comment

Go to Noah's Support.

But the fast way works good too:
                1. right--click on the "logo" that defaulted on your website, and view it's PROPERTIES --- it will show it's TITLE and SIZE. Write this down.
                2. Make or prepare your logo in some program, and if you have none, use Paint which should be on your computer (it's included with just about every computer sold on Earth). Make it the exact size as the Logo you are replacing.....that you wrote down above. SAVE this new logo with the same Title as the one you are replacing (see the logic here?).
                3. Log into you Control Panel, go into the public_html/ directory until you locate the image that you need to replace..... remember you are looking for the image with the original title. DELETE IT.
                4. Now - without moving anywhere - UPLOAD your logo you made to the exact same place as the opriginal logo was before you deleted it.

You have successfully "swapped" out image, and your Classifieds should look just fine.

>>> You should really get in the habit of finding timely Support from the sources you need it to come from. If I wasn't hanging around, your post could have gone unanswered for days....

Comment

Thanks
                  Naveen Kyatham

Comment

Originally posted by naveen kyatham View Post
                    It's working fine but how can i change the logo " Nohas Classifides" to Nizamabad Info Classifides, plz tell me. my site URL is www.nizamabadinfo.com/classifieds
                    I'm having the same problems you did. How did you fix the admin login problem? Thanks ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by naveen kyatham View Post
                      Thanks
                      Please Remove your links to your site from your signature and refrain from posting any links to your site until you have sorted the problem below.

Your site has a Trojan Horse JS:Redirector-H2 [Trj] installed.
                      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
                      X