Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple more questions - never should have gotten me started!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple more questions - never should have gotten me started!

Once again, my name is Wayne Arnold, my domain name is shirway.us and my client id is 9672.

I am working in Blue Voda on my home machine, and I've run across a couple of challenges.

First, I was using one of the Blue Voda templates, but I didn't like the way it fit my browser screen. To solve that, I copied and renamed the template, and then I resized it in Paintshop Pro. So far that effort still resides on my local machine, so I haven't hurt anything. Before I do, though, am I violating a copyright law if I use the modified template on my site? If so, how can I legally accomplish what I am trying to do? Do I need to build my own template from scratch?

Second, I have selected a font for my header that may or may not be on everyone's machine. I realize that if the font isn't on someone's machine, their machine will default to a common font and they will still be able to view my site. At the same time, that defeats the purpose of using that font in the first place. When writing HTML by hand I have embedded a font so that the end user did not care if the font was on their machine or not, they still saw what I used. Is it possible to accomplish this using Blue Voda? If not, didn't I read somewhere that I can plug my own HTML into the Blue Voda code somehow?

Thanks again for your support.

Wayne
    Wayne
    www.shirway.us
    www.beautyinwood.com

Re: A couple more questions - never should have gotten me started!

Point 1. No problem
    Point 2. If the font is NOT on a users machine, he WON'T see it. It will default to his browser default font. The only way to make sure he will see that, is to convert the while header in bitmap (jpg or giff for size purposes). However, you can implement html in BV two ways: or by inserting a html box in your page and putting the code in it (this will however place the code in the body part of your code) or by View, Page HTMK, and select the appropriate TAg where you want the code in, f.e. Between Head, Inside Body, etc.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your answers. I couldn't sleep last night, so I built a template for my site. Now I need to decide which one I'll use.

For my second point, there is a method you can use to allow a user to see fonts that are not on his/her local machine. I'm starting to remember how I used to do it, and it seems that you load the font to your piece of real estate on your server. As soon as I get this technique back in my head I'll share it with the forum in case anyone else would like to use it.

Thanks again,

Wayne
      Wayne
      www.shirway.us
      www.beautyinwood.com

Comment

Please let us know if that (font issue) is do-able!
        Brad Arnold.......
        www.baldwincomusic.com
        www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
        !Free Search Engine Submission!
        Talking Avatar for your web site!
        Free sound editor
        Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Working...
        X