Some Questions For You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions For You

I found vodahost by accident a few weeks back and decided to bookmark it, you offer amazing deals and I can see your customer service far exceeds anything I have ever seen. I have been a web developer for some time now and have decided to create a portal for the community I live in. What I'm curious to know is, if in the future this site exceeds your maximum bandwidth allocation for the month, how much extra would i be charged? Basically, how does upgrading work? Do I buy another plan for the same site to double my bandwidth? Not that this would happen, I just like to be prepared for the future. Thanks.

edit: I should have named the thread "Upgrade Options", lol ;)

Re: Some Questions For You

Extra disk space and extra bandwidth cost $2/month/Gbyte each, available at your request.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If you are in fact are expecting millions of page loads, is the few dollars involved for greater band of relative value?

You can see all of the Features Here, and the Prices Here! I believe the price per gig of additional band is $2 per gig

I know you will agree that VodaHost represents not only the best value on the internet, but the Free tools, technologies, and unrivalled support redefine online success!

Welcome to VodaHost!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm not quite sure. This site is in the planning and inital desgin phase. I just like to know what the future might bring and what kind of shape I'll be in. I do plan to host video, so it might not be a million page views before it's exceeded. Two follow up questions:

1. Can I buy two plans and merge them?

2. Can I buy two plans and call one mysite.com and the other media.mysite.com or mysitemedia.com? So if the media site hits its limit, the main site will still function?

" If you in fact are expecting millions of page loads, is the few dollars involved for greater band of relative value?"

This could be the case, if I offer advertising. I'm not trying to be cheap or anything, just covering some bases.

Comment

In order to provide a solution and an answer that will satisfy your requirments, it would help us greatly if we knew what kind of site do you have in mind?, what do you plan on doing?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
            In order to provide a solution and an answer that will satisfy your requirments, it would help us greatly if we knew what kind of site do you have in mind?, what do you plan on doing?
            for sure. it's a community portal website for the town i live in. its a project i've had on the backburner for about a year. the site has 5 sections as of now. the first is the main page, with recent update, news, weather, etc. the second a forum my friend coded for me. the third, a directory. the forth a gallery for people to post pictures, music and video. the fifth, and the one that is the cause of my concern, is the site produced documentery section. it'll contain short (5-10min) videos of events, small buisness documentries, history of the town, and other videos. i'm working on a codec solution for this. i really don't want to settle for something of youtube or google video quality. one solution i had thought about was using torrents to share the load, but not everyone would be keen on installing a client and waiting. my community has no site like this and it is rapidly growing in population. i believe this could be hit or miss, but if it's a hit i need to be ready. in the future i could possibly generate revenue from the site, but that isn't my drive or focus for the site right now. thank you for the rapid responces.

Comment

You can not have a video sharing site like YouTube on a shared hosting account, this will require for you to have your own dedicated server.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Some Questions -presales

Hello,
                I am intrested in your product.I have a few doubts to be clarified before i buy.

1.I want to register many websites ,say about 200 domains,most of them with many sub domains.But it will not cross the bandwidth you have offered.Is it possible.

2.How long the registrtion validity remains.For renewing the account how much i have to pay.

3.If i have to change all my websites to another another plan by some other company,what is the solution.

Please reply
                thank you
                BONNY

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                  You can not have a video sharing site like YouTube on a shared hosting account, this will require for you to have your own dedicated server.
                  Ok, I understand this now. I've come up with a solution that maybe would be in-line with vodahost. I'm going to host the media files (movies, music) through a different service I found, but I would still like to host everything else through vodahost. Would that be acceptable?

Comment

You can host almost anything in your account. You are not allowed to host heavy applications such as multimedia fils that will be downloaded hundreds of times daily as this would require more than the acceptable percentage of server resources. For the rest there is no problem.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                    X