Emergency...please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency...please help

I have republished my site a couple of times now, everything has been smooth. But I recently noticed that some of my navigation bars on several pages have moved mysteriously to the bottom of the page. How can I rectify this....do I need to lock items while building the site or what??

thank u

Re: Emergency...please help

Please post here the URLs of the pages so we can have a look at them. No, locking or not locking should not affect the result, it is just for you, to avoid accidentaly moving objects while editing your pages. Please also make a comparison to see if the published page is different from the one in BV. If yes, then yes, there is a problem. Also check if you have made use in your pages of third party code that could have affected the css in your page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

www.globaldonor.com/donees
      www.globaldonor.com/join

there are probably others, but I did not have time to check all the pages.
      thanks a lot..

Comment

Ok, you have missed the .html at the end of your links.
        Anyway, your problem has arised because of the affiliate banner. You have some way inserted the banner code, in the middle of the menubar code. A possible explanation is that you have pasted the affiliate banner code directly in the Inside Body Tag of your page HTML. The result is that the affiliate code, which has this line of code in it:

<DIV style="position:absolute;left:651px;top:1315px;width:90px;height:59px;z-index:34" align="left">

has been placed in the middle of the menubar code, which instead has this:

<DIV style="position:absolute;left:391px;top:50px;width:551px;height:22px;z-index:33" align="center">

So the browser ignores the original top left corner coordinates for the menubar div, that are 351 and 50 for left and top coordinates, and assumes 651 and 1315 which are instead the coordinates for the affiliate banner div.

Solution: delete the affiliate banner code. This will correct the menubar position. Now, open a html box, and paste the affiliate banner code in it. Now, move the html box in the desired position so that the affiliate banner will result in the correct position as well. Save the page and republish.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X