Help With Uploading Page Created on MSPublisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Uploading Page Created on MSPublisher

I have created a website in cyrillics using MS publisher because I have never been able to get BV to show cyrillics on a page. I also have purchased a separate domain name for it (my site 4) on Voda Host. How do I publish it to the web the VH? I cannot import it into BV using their import HTML because it shows only gibberish and doesn't import the pictures.

Re: Help With Uploading Page Created on MSPublisher

Ms Publisher exports pages in HTMl format? If yes, just upload the html files on your site, as well as images and all related files.

Anyway, did you have a look at this thread about other Languages in BV ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

MS Publisher does create an html file but I cannot import it into BV. It opens in ?????? and no transfer of pictures or files. This is the same problem I have had with BV all along. I have looked at Brad's "how to languages" post, changed the page properties, etc. to no avail. I have opened new page..import html on BV and this doesn't transfer the page from publisher off my files. It seems impossible to me that there is no way to transfer a page built in cyrillics on other software into BV. The guys at VH told me that the cyrillics work on VH, just gotten built the page using software other than theirs. I did this and now it doesn't work either. I have uploaded my files to BlueFTP on existing English site, the page opens but the pictures do not transfer. Is there something I am forgetting here?

Comment

Just imported your http://www.radiogloria.com/ and everything loaded fine.

Clean your cache, temp files and history and try again.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

The procedure is mistaken. You export the MSPublisher page in html format, properly named (the homepage must be saved as "index.html", the others as you like, but always in html format).
          Then you simply upload the html file as well as the images directly in your "public_html" folder, simply using BlueFTP or whatever FTP software you are used to.
          However, i tried the language thing, and it all works just great. BUT, if you don't have the cyrillics installed on your computer, then you will never see them correctly. I have tried it and can see cyrillics, greek, chinese, everything.

Go in your computer's control panel, > International Options > Languages>Details>Add and find and add Cyrilliks . Go back in International Options, select Advanced, and in the first dropdownlist, where it says “Language for non Unicode programs” select the character set you need . You will probably need to reboot your PC for the new settings to take effect. At this point, enter BV, set the character set in “windows 1251” . Now you should be able to see it ok.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X