Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Maintenance or something, Please Help

Hi guys,

I created an underconstruction page that I will publish in a place of my pages not yet ready.

But what I want to do is:

Let say I have a page named "Items.html", and I want to update this page with new products, so I created a page named "maintenance.html" which will show that I'm updating the "items.html".

there is anyway to set "maintenance.html" to be shown automaticaly instead of "items.html" while updating - (any codes or scripts?) can anybody provide?

Thanks in advance.
    The Producer

Re: In Maintenance or something, Please Help

You don't need a script or anything. Create the maintenance page, save it inside your BV folder as usual. Then save it as "Items" BUT in another folder, which you can call f.e. "Temporary" so it will not overwrite the original "Items"page. Publish it on your site (as "Items"). Now go on and edit the original "Items" page.

You repeat the same steps for every page you need to edit.

You could also use a line of code like
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.niteproduction.com/maintenance.html">

to paste in the Between Head Tag of the "Items" page and republish it, but it also involves publishing, so it's the same thing.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: In Maintenance or something, Please Help

Ah ok,

I thought about the same first idea you gave me, but I thought there an Automatic replacement.

But Thank you so much.
      The Producer

Comment

Working...
      X