Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file management ?

a few questions
    1- how do I link pages, or hyperlink to pages. What should I start with.Apparently I am supposed to go to file manager, then go to public html, then create a folder for any page called: my website/my page and make sure that I save ma page as exactly the same name? or only:my page? Please don't tell me to watch the video it doe not tell me any of that.
    2- will I ever need to call anything longer than that and when?
    example:my web/index/artists/images
    3- if I use a content management system do I call things short names or long ....../....../......../......./........./
    4 when I have created a page with links how do I save it if it is home page (index?), gallery or a community forum created with drupal? Not just name but under wich folder do I save (public html/content management)
    5- do I need to create all pages first, and then create all the hyperlinks?
    6- if I use a content management module when do I start using it?
    only when I need to create the pages that this modules would allow me to create or I should start building those pages first?
    I have watched all the videos time after times so no more of that please.

Re: file management ?

1. Actually, you follow along with the tutorial and create a test page so you become familiar with the menu options in BV. If you do not understand the first tutorial chapter, go back to it slower.
    -Forget for minute about file manager, public folders and all that. If you are having problems with the tutorial you will be confused.
    -To link from one page to another you need a "bridge" or a "road" this can be a NavBar or an image or even text. Start my inserting a menu NavBar, click on it and edit the link to www.yourdomain.com/page1.html
    Save as index and publish. Create page1, save and publish. Do not add extensions BV will do it for you.
    2. You can call yr pages www.yourdomain.com/12345567890abc.html or longer, there might be a cutoff at 64 characters. Make a long name and search engines could take exception, users certainly will.
    3. Refering to page names or titles?
    4. ?
    5. You can do it both ways. Refresh F5 as you go along.

We are here to help, like you we went through the tutorials and your colleagues here help as much as they can. Don't knock it. Patience and attention to detail will help make your endeavor a success.

Good luck.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
    X