Domain Name copyright - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Name copyright - question

well, I don't know if I will sound dump about this but here we go, it's never late to learn.

1 - getting a domain name from Voda or any other company, is it automaticaly copyrighted?
    2 - if yes, so I own LEGALY that domain name as long as I'm paying for it?
    3 - if no, what's the best to do to copyright it?
    The Producer

Re: Domain Name copyright - question

Hey!

When you register your domain you must make sure that before you buy it, it is not copyrighted. It might not be taken, but it might be copyrighted.

Your domain is safe but your work isn't. You will need to pay money to copyright your pictures, web pages, publish of text, voice recordings, video's etc. everything if you do not want anyone to copy and paste. If you paid to have www.niteproduction.com for 3 years then you have it for 3 years.

Go learn more at www.copyright.com
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

thank you jeremy,

that copyright.com is so big, I took a look at it but still need time to go throught details, I'll do it later.

Thank you again
      The Producer

Comment

as for the doamin name im sure that is yours if you registerd it to yourself then its yours you can look it up at a place i cant rember check out the trheads
        as for copyrigt on everything else well to make it a bit simpler i can only think that if you write an original piece and then post it to yourself then this is classed as proof of copyright from that date you post marked it lol not sure how you would go about a webpage but if you can prove they were your origanil works at time of publish then its yours?
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

oh yeah, I know about the posting trick, but I have a question about that, if I post to get proof that's mine as we know, can I stand in court for my rights if somebody violate my documents or design or anything's mine posted?
          The Producer

Comment

All domains registered through VodaHost are the legel propertery of the person or entity registering them.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

while on the subject , is it possible to buy a few doamin names in the hope to sell them on? and if so how do you advertise them is it say make a index page, subdomain etc then create an advert on the front page saying how much etc? and who do they conact?
              The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
              Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
                oh yeah, I know about the posting trick, but I have a question about that, if I post to get proof that's mine as we know, can I stand in court for my rights if somebody violate my documents or design or anything's mine posted?
                Yes but regular posting wont work. It has to be some form of registered post that you sign for when it arrives back to you. Also, once you have received it back through the post leave it sealed, do not open it under any circumstances unless it is needed to prove your copyright and then it needs to be opened by a lawyer (who you will be in contact with if you intend taking somebody to court).

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
                  Yes but regular posting wont work. It has to be some form of registered post that you sign for when it arrives back to you. Also, once you have received it back through the post leave it sealed, do not open it under any circumstances unless it is needed to prove your copyright and then it needs to be opened by a lawyer (who you will be in contact with if you intend taking somebody to court).
                  we yeah I know of course that I don't have to open it, but thank you for the form information, I didn't know that.

Thank Rob
                  The Producer

Comment

Well now I understand the domain copyright completely but I am kinda dumb struck if i want to use blue voda and have my domain to go to my site and if I am using bluevodas background, buttons, etc, how can one copyright the website if bluevoda created it? cause there are issues about copyrighted materials so if a person was to use bluevoda's materials then wouldn't bluevoda have to put a copyright on the pages that we use to let people know that the material used is copyrighted by bluevoda and the person that is using the materials has permission to use them? so that they won't be breaking any law?
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Guys...You are over thinking it...You can use any of our stuff..That's why we have it for free download.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Domains themselves cannot be "Copyrighted" but can be (and in many instances should be) Registered with the US Patent Office as a Trademark, especially if being used as a Brand or branding promotion, as would say... Vehix.com

Copyright laws protect original works and accomplishments, like art, photography, written works (including web content), and more. Basically, copyright protection (and recourse) is granted to the individual or incorporation that can prove themselves as the "originator/author" or "publisher" which includes publishing on the internet.

To register images, logos, works of art, or Trademarks with the USPO costs around $360 per item, and is subject to exhaustive review before being granted.

To protect yourself with regard to web content (written copy, formulations, graphs, charts, etc.), I recommend composing the original elements in basic programs such as MS Word, which will always "date stamp" the file creation date (and which so far has not been shown to be compromised). This is the simplest and surest way to "prove" yourself as the author/creator, should such documentation ever be needed. It can also be instrumental when actaully applying to the USPO for formal registration is someone is apparently there "first" as they will reassign disputed registration based upon the "proof" that accompianied your submission. Whenever updating or creating addendums, simply re-save with a file extension to show the breadth and relation to the core of your works.

You should really know what the differences are, and how they affect your development of your business, your creqativity, and your website. Knowing also the processes that protect you or preclude your future claims can also be crucial when "doing your due diligence" as you grow.

The guessing and "maybe's" mentioned by others above above are not enough. It is immediately apparent the the degree to which you have cognizantly planned your entry to the internet.
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                        X