Rename file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename file

Man, this can be frustrating! When I changed my homepage file name from "Manfredeye" to "index," the program retained the "Manfredeye" file. I don't want to end up wiping out all of my previous work. How do I solve this dilemma?

Re: Rename file

Hi, if your ever a little unsure about making a changes, I always have a folder called bv before they where changed, & make a back up of my work. IE: copy your bv work into this folder before you make changes. All BV has done in your situation has retain your original work & copied it as a new file name. The only dilemma you may have? Is if you started your site with the home page name as manfredeye & not index? I assume that other pages you have made will link back to this as manfredeye & will not work until you go through them & change any links to http://www.manfredeye.com as your home page. An easy way to find out is publish the index page & you should be able to access it via the above link. Then go one step at a time on linking others back to it as a home page & republish these one at a time.

Good luck.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X