Emergency!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency!!!!

I just published my website but when I type in my address in the address bar it comes up as Index/. You have to go down the the choices on the Index/ and pick the under construction one to bring up my website. When you do bring it up if you look down at the bottom of your ISP page it says untitled page.

Please check it out at www.swgart.com and please tell me whats wrong. I followed the instructions on how to post a website page but I got this.

Please help me.

Re: Emergency!!!!

you need to save your underconstruction page as "index" then publish it until you are ready to swap it for the one you will use
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

You named your pages wrong, please click the below and watch the tutorial on how to name your pages, please do yourself a favor and watch all of them.

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

Your Home page should be named index , not underconstruction.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for replying back so fast. Can I republish this page?

Comment

yes..just rename it index and republish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok I renamed it but the same thing happens but in the list of page that says Index/ comes up the page that I republished is listed.

VODAhost please forgive me I'm not trying to be a pest

Comment

I guess you uploaded your page to your public_html

your home page which you want know to be underconstruction should be saved as index.bvp, to publish it click on your Blue Voda file > publish, put your username and password you got in your welcome e-mail, click Ok, and here we go.
              The Producer

Comment

Ok I hope I understood you correctly. I changed the name to index.bvp and tried to publish it but I got the following Error meassage

Publish Failed
                ERROR:550 Can't change directory to index.bvp: No such file or directory

I'm completely flustered and sick to my stomach about this.

Thanks for everybody trying to help but my comprehension seems very weak.

Comment

Do what ***** told you to do, save as index no extensions, forget the .bvp or .html
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Save your page as simply "index" not "index.bvp". Then publish again. Further more, from the message you get, it is clear that you have put in the "Folder" field, the "index.bvp" . The "Folder" field should contain "public_html"
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

IT WORKS !!!!!!!! I almost cried when I typed in my website address and it came right up.

Thanks to all of you for your help but I will need more help in the very near future.

The help from the fine people hear is the main reason I chose VodaHost.
                      Everybody is first class here!

Thanks again

Now if I can figure out why my font changed from what I designed it to be.
                      I checked my sisters pc and it comes up a different font.

Comment

Because you have used a non web safe font. Most sites use Verdana, arial and times new roman, because if a font is not installed on a computer, it will default to one of the standard types.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hang in there, Stephen. You have a ways to go yet and I do know what you are going through. Watch the tutorials. They will give you confidence and teach you the lay of the land so to speak. This forum is a great help but they get irritated if you ask the same question three times. I know from experience. Move slowly, think about what you are trying to accomplish and post your questions as they come up. I got into trouble by moving too fast and becoming impatient with myself. Good luck to you.
                          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

When you save whatever you'd like your homepage to be, save it as 'index'. No capitals or anything. Then publish it and You'll be good!

Comment

Working...
                            X