Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Question ???!!!

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if I put a video into a page, can I show just the video area, I don't want the player's bottons to be shown, just the square area where you see the video.

Thanks in advance
    The Producer

Re: Video Question ???!!!

eeerrr well yes you can click hide in some of the player options not sure about the win player tho but yes others give the option to hide i.e the buttons
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thanks mate,

I'll give it a try then
      The Producer

Comment

If you can make flash files, the flash player stands alone. You have no other choice with flash.

Comment

With your idea though NP you are reducing functionality and removing the ability for visitors to stop, pause and reply the video. Leaving the buttons on would be much preferable to most visitors.

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
            With your idea though NP you are reducing functionality and removing the ability for visitors to stop, pause and reply the video. Leaving the buttons on would be much preferable to most visitors.
            you know what is my problem? is that I'm not pro in Flash, just because I couldn't create a preloader, I asked for help so many times, great friends here and you are one of them gave me tutorials and links to go to, I tried so many ways to create the preloader, but doesn't work properly, so I gave up and thought maybe make a quick time video play once and put some scripts like please wait while uploading and skip and replay, what you think about this idea?
            The Producer

Comment

Hi Producer.. Mate.. I honestly never seen your request for Flash preloaders.. but here's something you might want to look at:

http://www.webwasp.co.uk/tutorials/preloaders/index.php

Now, about media player.. Yes you can hide the controllers. But it requires that you actually modify the html of the media player.. you let me know what you like to do and I'll get you the code.

Hope this helps mate.

Comment

ok, thank you ez ez, I will keep this for now untill I reach that stage, but I would like some help from you about scripting as well for now.

1 - I have pages containing pdf files, they are huge, actually because they are magazines in pdf, while the visitor click on the pdf file, I guess automaticaly it will open with acrobat, is it right?

2 - as The pdf files are huge a bit, I would like to create a small virtual box with " please wait while loading the file", before the pdf opens, and desappears when the pdf opens, I'm sure it requires a script to do that, there is anyway you can provide me with that?

3 - Videos : I personally like Quick time then windows media player, I just see it more easy and quality is better, how I can create a message "please wait while loading" with that quick time video and goes as well when the video opens.

Thank you in advance.
                The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
                  ok, thank you ez ez, I will keep this for now untill I reach that stage, but I would like some help from you about scripting as well for now.

1 - I have pages containing pdf files, they are huge, actually because they are magazines in pdf, while the visitor click on the pdf file, I guess automaticaly it will open with acrobat, is it right?

2 - as The pdf files are huge a bit, I would like to create a small virtual box with " please wait while loading the file", before the pdf opens, and desappears when the pdf opens, I'm sure it requires a script to do that, there is anyway you can provide me with that?

3 - Videos : I personally like Quick time then windows media player, I just see it more easy and quality is better, how I can create a message "please wait while loading" with that quick time video and goes as well when the video opens.

Thank you in advance.
                  Hi Producer..

1. Yes, display is a client side process with PDF. Adobe (or other PDF Reader Generic Programs) are called by the viewer's computer to display your files.. No files, no matter what type and without any exceptions, can be displayed without the appropriate compatible programs. If your files are PDF, then only a PDF reader will access them.

2. It is technically possible, there are a few ways that this can be done: You could write a script to tell a 'massage' to appear 'if' someone clicks on a pdf link, and to go 'hidden' 'if' a certain component is displayed.. I personally tend to favor the Flash Preloader as it is now cpable of working to serve external images and movies.. Never tried it with PDF, but will give it a go and let you know the best option.

3. If step 2 above is successful, you can apply it to point 3 as well.

I will email you some results.

Cheers.

Comment

oh, great, I don't know what I can do without you :))))))) , thank you so much, I'll wait for results.

cheers mate.
                    The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
                      Hi Producer.. Mate.. I honestly never seen your request for Flash preloaders.. but here's something you might want to look at:

http://www.webwasp.co.uk/tutorials/preloaders/index.php

Now, about media player.. Yes you can hide the controllers. But it requires that you actually modify the html of the media player.. you let me know what you like to do and I'll get you the code.

Hope this helps mate.

Can I please have that code to hide the controller Mr ez-ez? ...

Mandy
                      I Sing For My Soul... la, la, la...

Comment

Working...
                      X