Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview and Publishing Problems

Hi All

My first post and thread so please bear with me.

My name is Stoo Batchelor, I live in England and am a photographer. I am a recent newbie , not only to Blue Voda but web design. I am currently building my site which I wish to be simple, clean and to the point. Most importantly it is a window to my landscape photographs. My domain name is silverandlight.co.uk. The name refers to film based photography.

On to the problem: Please visit this url: www.silverandlight.co.uk/theequipment.html

But before you do, please read below:

The page you will see is nearly how I would like it to appear. As you will see, it looks fine but the problem is how I have to build it in the B.V web builder. You will see from the two photographs of my monitor included on the page, what the page looks like before I preview or publish it. It is a painstaking process to get things right.

Look at the first monitor photo, text sits on top of the larger photo and the smaller photo sits on top of the text. I have to build it this way so that when I publish or preview it, it resembles the final web page!

Just for info, the text is made up of three text boxs and I sit them on top of each other so they come right in the end (that's alot of previewing) And strangly, if I print the page it also ends up looking like the final web page you can see at the url above

The main problem though is the photographs, They are edited and resized in photoshop, saved at 425 pix width. In the web builder they look fine but when I publish they grow in size (to about 525px width) and loose their *****ness and jagged edges appear.

I have tried everything (support ticket RLL 20895 Firstly hunting through the threads here. Deleted and re-downloaded B.V. Changed my photos from jpeg to giffs.(worse) This is not about page size, as my page width is 775px wide.

I am stumped. What am I doing wrong? I am hoping that it is something really simple that this newbie has missed!

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Stoo Batchelor

Re: Preview and Publishing Problems

P.s

that support ticket number was RLL 208958. I don't know what happened there.

Regards

Stoo

Comment

hi there firstly, right this is just a solution and not the answer to the problem
      i would firstly have just one text box if you can just space it for the pics etc and then make sure pics are on top secondly i would use a free programe from voda called pix resizer as this seems to me to always give excellent results and as they are thimb size then they need to be sized down to abnout 100x 90 say or there abouts
      as for the text over lapping i sugest you dont over lap the text box firstly then they shouldnt conflict
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thanks for your reply Allstarfaces

Firstly, I have got the text set up pretty well sussed. I use guidelines in a page template, which are removed before saving. Yes, its only a plaster on the wound, but it works for now.

The pix resizer can't do anything for me that adobe elements can 't do, I have tried, it's a great tool but no joy in this case.

In reference to the overlapping text, I feel that I should explain more, if not a bit better.

If I was to set my page up in the B.V web builder as you are seeing it published in the url provided (as it should be), when I publish the page it will jumble up and resemble the pages as pictured on my monitor. So to get around this problem I have to overlap the text when building the page in order for it to publish correctly.

Like you say, Its not the answer but its a way around the problem for now.

Thanks again for your help

Kind Regards

Stoo

Comment

Working...
        X