Just what is this Active X anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what is this Active X anyway?

I am trying to smooth out some of the active x on my site....with all the pop ups and such, is it the animations, scripts, or something else? I would like to keep the site entertaining, just not sure where to begin and what to eleminate?

Re: Just what is this Active X anyway?

Originally posted by C L
    I am trying to smooth out some of the active x on my site....with all the pop ups and such, is it the animations, scripts, or something else? I would like to keep the site entertaining, just not sure where to begin and what to eleminate?
    Hi there.. I'm ez-ez.. Glad I finally got to talk to you CL.. (Grin)

ActiveX is a set of components that was created by Microsoft that can be attached to some software or small programs to facilitate interactivity between what you download off the web and the rest of the components on your computer.. I like to thin of ActiveX as little bridges that information pass on between various programs and downloaded stuff. ActiveX is not such a bad thing, however, because it make is it easier for the web to interact with your computer, it is often referred to as a security hazard.. Now, activeX would be ideal in a clean web, but unforutnately the web aint that angelic.

There are certain things you can do to make your pages download without requiring activx controls.. some scripts may need to be reviewed, or even repositioned. If you are using built in programs that help functionality of your website, those also might need to be looked at. Remember, those ActiveX controls are not what your page needs to run, but one or more particular component.. we need to find them and deal with them.

I've taken the liberty, and I hope you don't mind, of saving your web pages in htm fomrat so I can look at the content and expirement with them to see what can be done to make things run a little smoother.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Just what is this Active X anyway?

Originally posted by ez-ez
      Hi there.. I'm ez-ez.. Glad I finally got to talk to you CL.. (Grin)

ActiveX is a set of components that was created by Microsoft that can be attached to some software or small programs to facilitate interactivity between what you download off the web and the rest of the components on your computer.. I like to thin of ActiveX as little bridges that information pass on between various programs and downloaded stuff. ActiveX is not such a bad thing, however, because it make is it easier for the web to interact with your computer, it is often referred to as a security hazard.. Now, activeX would be ideal in a clean web, but unforutnately the web aint that angelic.

There are certain things you can do to make your pages download without requiring activx controls.. some scripts may need to be reviewed, or even repositioned. If you are using built in programs that help functionality of your website, those also might need to be looked at. Remember, those ActiveX controls are not what your page needs to run, but one or more particular component.. we need to find them and deal with them.

I've taken the liberty, and I hope you don't mind, of saving your web pages in htm fomrat so I can look at the content and expirement with them to see what can be done to make things run a little smoother.

Hope this helps.
      Nice to meet you Ez-Ez, and it does help....thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X