Setting up an "Order" button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up an "Order" button

Is it possible to use a Nav Button as an "Order" button ????
    Please help me in "Non-Technical" lingo !!!! ... Thanks !!!
    I am attempting to use PayPal's merchant services to do "single item" ordering from individual pages on my site ... www.tcnk.org ...
    I would much prefer to use a BV button because they are much more
    conducive to the site, and I can place them anywhere on the page I choose ... HOWEVER !!!! ...
    When I give them the URL of the "Order Session" Nav Button, NADA/ZIP/ZERO happens.
    Obviously I'm doin' something incorrect !!!
    According to PayPal, I can use the URL of any image on the site ....
    I've %#$&*'d with this ALL DAY, and am more confused than ...
    They provide HTML copy to put on the page, and I load it every which way I can figure ... and nothin' !!!
    Anyone who has any experience with this ... I can sure use your HELP !!!!
    Thanks !!!!

Re: Setting up an "Order" button

Is %#$&*'d technical or non-technical?

Change the part of the paypal code that points to the button.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
      Is %#$&*'d technical or non-technical?

Change the part of the paypal code that points to the button.
      Technically .... %#$&*'d is VERY non-technical !!

Thanks for the response, Bill ... however, it ain't woikin' !!
      I actually attempted to dedicate the URL specifically to that button,
      went into the coding sent by PayPal and changed the html ... no go !!??
      I tried using PayPal's stock buttons, however, the only place I can get them to show up on the page is at the VERY top !!!
      It's gotta be me ... I'm just sayin' !!!!
      This HTML stuff is a little ... ok ... alot new to me, so it's all trial & error ...
      mostly error, as you can see !!!
      Any additional specifics you can think of will be greatly appreciated !!!
      PS ... visited your website ... Gorgeous !!!
      Very light ... airey ... extremely user friendly ... it's a pleasurable place to spend time on, and very informative, too !!!
      Totally fits and enhances your teas !!!
      I really like those "click on a highlighted word" features ... how you do that ???
      Thanks for all your help and patience, Bill !!
      Jerry

Comment

Lol,

Thanks for visting my site Jerry. Appreciate the feedback.
        -When you insert the Paypal code, for some reasonthere is sometimes a conflict with html codes. Open the html, for the product you are working on, and insert </form> in the Before the Tag space. Paypal code goes in the After the Tag.
        -For the word links: highlight the word(s) you want, example "gifts" then select the link button from the BV menu. Then add the destination link.

Hope this helps.

Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Re: Setting up an &quot;Order&quot; button

You're welcome! for visiting your site !!!
          It was a pleasure !!!
          And now for the Non-pleasure !!!!
          It's now day 3 of %$#&*(you know ... the non-technical term) with this paypal button stuff and it's getting exhausting !!!
          As specific as you can ... PLEASE ... walk me thru, if you will, the process of using my own button to do the PayPal buy me.(including where to put the html stuff they send) ... I did as you instructed above ... NADA !!!
          I'm using a Navigation Button on the page ... no matter how I set this up, it just ain't poppin over to PayPal.
          They ask for the URL of the image (my button I take it?) ... so if
          http://www.tcnk.org gets them to the site ... /chakracleanse.html gets them to the page ... how do I get them to the image??????
          And should I elect to use their shopping cart, I can put my logo on their form by giving them the logo URL ... which is ????
          I know all this is very time consuming for you ... I Really ... REALLY ... do appreciate it !!!
          And on a VERY positive note ... (YEAH!!) ... the word links ... PERFECT !!!!
          They are soooooooooooooooooo cool !!! That works magnificantly !!!!
          Thank you for that !!!!!
          Thanks, Bill !!! Much Gratitude for you !!!!

Comment

Re: Setting up an &quot;Order&quot; button

Thank you, Bill !! ... and everyone else whose post actually helped me to figure this "bad boy" out !!! ... it took a while, yet it was just soooooooooo easy once things began to click (pun intended !!).
            Do not recall where, but in a post somewhere, for some unrelated reason, someone suggested viewing the tutorial on "html" ... it just popped !!!
            The PayPal link flowed effortlessly to my button once I added a "html" box to the page and downloaded the info from PayPal to that box ... previously I had been attempting to load the PayPal details into the page html, which drove me crazy and, obviously, did not work very well ... kept popping a buy me button up to the very top of the page. That worked OK, but it looked really funky, and it was a PayPal button, not my custom one.
            Long story short (or looks kinda long, actually, huh?) PayPal now up and running quite well on my site, and "New Rule" of thumb ... browse the posts with an open mind and the answers will flow in.
            Even figured out how to define the URL address of images !!!
            How cooooooooooooool is that !!??
            Once again ... Thank ALL who contributed to furthering my bv education!
            Jerry
            www.tcnk.org
            you may officially close this post ... Cold Case complete !!!!

Comment

Working...
            X