Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions... I want to create websites with some of these features how do I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions... I want to create websites with some of these features how do I do this?

Hi all,

I would like to create web sites with some of the features that theses web sites have:
    1) How do I do that?
    The first one has a beautiful photo video entrance how did they do it?
    I want to do one like it but with my own photos.
    example web site #1: http://www.brilliantexpressions.com/

I know she used adobe’s golive to make that web site
    I had previously downloaded the trial for flash, but found I didn’t have enough time to learn how to use it before the trial expired. I can’t afford to pay so much for software especially software I don’t know how to use.
    1a) is there any way around paying $699.00 dollars for adobe flash?
    1b) Is there a simpler program to start with? Or is flash the best?
    Again I can’t afford to waste money either.

The Next web site has inman news linked to their site my question is:
    2) how did they get it to match their design?
    2a) And scroll only in the center and the stuff on the side stays put?
    2b) And how did they use the whole page and not go off the edge? (mine are centered, but I’m not using my edges)
    I don’t particularly like this web site, I’m just trying to gain ideas of how I could do it better!
    example web site #2:
    http://www.reddingpropertysearch.com/frame.shtml?http://www.inman.com/inmanstories.aspx?ID=56457

3) My plan is to create web sites for others... how do I go about that?
    I have created www.candcshires for my friend, but I keep control of it as a sub domain. (The gal I made the c and c shires for has no clue about computers, so it works best that I manage everything for her)

…Now if I wanted to make a web site lest say for a realtor, charge them for the designing, and posting it -
    3a) What is the best way to go about setting up the account?
    For example, I might want to allow the realtor assess so they can upload photos and input info on their own so I would not have to constantly manage the site for them
    3b) How would I do that?
    I'm still just learning all of this, but I've become a quick study

here are the two websites I’ve created so far (mine: the hitch hiking horses isn't done yet some of the links don’t work due to pages I haven’t finished creating or publishing as of yet - but you can sort of see what I've been practicing with:)
    www.candcshires.com
    www.hitchhikinghorses.com
    Also my most resent pages:
    www.hitchhikinghorses.com/tour.html (and the 2nd page: area links at the bottom of that page)

Beck

Re: Questions... I want to create websites with some of these features how do I do this?

1) itsa a regular photo and they have used flash or similar to create the moving text, just make sure that the photo is the same as your page width

2) they got it to exactly match by just making sure the pic background was the same as the page back ground, the pic is very small and just aligned to the left

2a) they have used frames, you will find info about frames by searching this forum

2b) use width as a percentage rather than a number of pixels. for example, setting the width to 100% will always take up the entire width of the page, 75% will take up 3 quarters of it

3) the best way to learn about creating websites for others is to create a few different websites for yourself, different designs and layouts. when you have done that you will have a lot more expereince in setting up different sites and hosting them

3a) get the customer to set up the account in the same way that you set yours up, then they give you the login details so that you can publish their site

3b) if its a customer who canot build their own site, i wouldnt trust them to upload their own pics without special automation which could be a tricky job but not necessarily (see the php psection)

hope that helped :)

FPRULES

Comment

Re: Questions... I want to create websites with some of these features how do I do this?

ooops.... 1a and 1b ...... search the internet for a program called SWISH

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
      X