Restoring a backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring a backup

Can someone please tell me how to restore a backup of my site. I made a full backup and downloaded it to my computer, but when i go to the backup page in the control panel it says that only the administrator can restore these backups.

The support ticket number is:- EZH-535293

Please help....

Re: Restoring a backup

Why do you want to restore a back up from yesterday, if your site is up and running today??? This seems like a completely pointeless excercise.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Why do you want to restore a back up from yesterday, if your site is up and running today??? This seems like a completely pointeless excercise.
      It is now, but it wasn't since yesterday. the solution as it turns out was very simple to fix. In my ignorance (I'm new to all this)I deleted the user for the db connection that the script needed to run. all I had to do was to re-create the user and now it's fixed.

I thought that if i restore the backup it would also replace all the previous settings etc, that were there before I deleted the user. But alas, getting help was more of a mission than fixing the problem. ho hum.

What would you do?

And while we're on the subject, some fool hacked into my database and deleted one of my tables leaving me with a monster of a job trying to replace all the data. Lessen learned - make regular backups. but I did ask support for some ideas on how to make the site more secure, the answer i got was change my password... I was hoping there was something I could do like get the site onto a dedicated server and perhaps an SSL.

What I would like to know having said all that is, will doing the above make my database more secure, or is it simply as I was told by support that the servers here are as secure as they can be?

Comment

Server security is not the issue with your alleged database hack, I use the
        word alleged becuase it is impossible for someone to hack your database if all
        your scripts are upto date with the lastest security patches and your
        username and passwords are secure. It is impossible for someone to access
        your database if you have taken care of the above.

So when we say change your password, we are not giving a weak answer.
        We really mean it, if you feel you have been comprimised it is the VERY FIRST
        thing you should do.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ahhh, now we are getting somewhere, are these security patches custom made for specific scripts or can I get them somewhere and apply them to my script. If that's a stupid question please understand I am new to this but would like to know whats what.

If they are custom made for individual scripts do you know anyone who can help with mine?

Thankyou

Comment

Just go to google and find the script makers website, they should have
            all the latest patches available for download.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X