Separate domains/accounts. One BV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate domains/accounts. One BV

I've my own site and have been asked to upgrade a company's site (family involved). I have convinced the partner to switch from their existing host to VH and I will administer it.

This will not be a sub-domain of my own site. We wanted separate accounts and opened a new VH account for that company. The Client ID for the new account is 10008.

Will I be able to work both sites from the BV installed on my computer ?

(obviously will maintain different folders) I'm worried that the index page will be replaced by the new site.

Thanks
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Re: Separate domains/accounts. One BV

No problem....

You simply need to create a separate folder in your My Documents > BV with the name of each "account" to Save them to. (In my Main BV folder, I have one "site" in the "public" area, many other sub-folders representing separate accounts/sites.)
    You also needn't worry about the images and how they are stored....until it's time to part ways. Then (via My Documents) simply create a sub-folder in that Account folder naming it Images, and Copy To each distinct image to the new folder.> This allows the user to take that "Main Folder" on CD and later use BV properly as if it was originally populated.

When you Publish via BV, (in the Publish Dialog Box) merely reset the Server IP, User Name, and Password for each account individually. Nothing will be re-written, as it is archived in a separate "folder" and Published to specific accounts.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

There should not be any issues...If there are issues, just post them here and your Voda Family will sort you out out in a jiffy.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks,
        Wanted to make sure before I mess anything up.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
        X