Over lapping verbage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over lapping verbage

I have alot of customers that say my verbage and paragraphs are over lapping and skewwed. It looks fine on my computer, not matter what resolution setting I try. www.displaycasej.com
    I looked at it thru fire fox browser and it looks fine also.
    I know it looks skewwed to some people, as I have freinds that have checked it and they say there is a lot of over lapping verbage.
    Why is this and whats the fix?
    Thanks for any help,
    John.

Re: Over lapping verbage

you need to centre in browser its to the left for me, secondly first pic is overlaping buttons to left
    what text are you using cos that can sometimes effect the size if most havnt got that text they will revert back to ariel and it can get bigger
    try to make it a little larger and space it all out a bit more then centre and try that
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

It is centered for an 800.
      Its typicaly accepted font.
      Pics are all layed out in voda site builder and nothing shows overlapping in that and on my computer.
      Are there any PRO'S out there with an answer?

Comment

The main problem I get is that the top left pic overlaps with the menu slightly.... not sure how BV works to be honest but maybe you could set up some padding around the pics?

FPRULES

Comment

Brad! Are there any answers that pertain to "percentage value's"?

Comment

-Review the position of your images and text, for example on your Home page, it seems that you have everything very close together to make it fit. Look at the bottom left and use the x, y axis to guide you.
            -Change the font size from 12 to 10 and see if it helps.
            -Lock All before you save and publish.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Nope that cant be it. I built everything with the guide lines up and ruler x and y on. All the pages are set at 825 width and whatever the length I needed. i checked the x and y and it all reads out properly.
              Some people sent me snap shots of what they see and it is really skewwed terribly. I mean paragrahs overlapp by an inch or more on some pages. Some web design guy told me that I should layout everything useing a percentage of the page as spacing, but how thats done is beyond me and I dont think it can be done with the voda editing tool.
              Since today is the 4th time a customer has told me this I called a couple freinds and asked them to check out my site, one said everything looks fine and the other said there is overlapping paragraphs and the site looks screwed up. So apparently some browsers or screen settings cant decipher or see the site as I can.

Comment

I had the same problem when I was building my page. What helped keep my text from overlapping when people viewed on other computers (different resolutions and such) was to put all of my text inside tables. Maybe try putting all of your text inside a table?

Hope that helps. =)

Julie
                www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
                  The main problem I get is that the top left pic overlaps with the menu slightly.... not sure how BV works to be honest but maybe you could set up some padding around the pics?
                  lmao isnt that more or less what i said? but apparently a pro is needed so i will leave a lone

Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                    -Review the position of your images and text, for example on your Home page, it seems that you have everything very close together to make it fit. Look at the bottom left and use the x, y axis to guide you.
                    -Change the font size from 12 to 10 and see if it helps.
                    -Lock All before you save and publish.
                    this too is another way of saying it so i hope you are a pro or its a waste of time telling them

oh and that page was not centerd or you have something to the right that is not showing uop
                    try pressing select all and seeing exactly whats there

Comment

Originally posted by tenhats
                      Nope that cant be it. I built everything with the guide lines up and ruler x and y on. All the pages are set at 825 width and whatever the length I needed. i checked the x and y and it all reads out properly.
                      For your pages to centre correctly they MUST be 800 px wide. 825 will not do it. You have been given some very good advice in this thread, by all contributors. I suggest that you review it and you will probably find that your problems will be solved.

When your source code is checked your pages are all set to varying widths - NONE are set to 800. Some are even 875 one is over 1000. You need to do a thorough check and do as Allstar, correctly, suggested and check for things that you can't see.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I appreciate all the input everyone, voda is a good thing and we all know it, Iam happy to be able to get advice from my voda family members, thank you all!.
                        But if you could all see some of the screen shots sent to me you would see the problem is way beyond a width setting of 875 or 825 or minor positioning. (If you can read most of the text then you dont see the problem like some people do.)

Julia, thanks, that may be the solution.

And to think it took a second lieutenant, Julia I can see you becomming a Major General in no time!

Comment

Heres an example of what some people may be seeing on my site, I found this linked to another post in another forum.
                          http://www.bluevodaforms.com/seinfo.html

Comment

What does this page have to do with your site ? What is this example supposed to show ?

Please clarify as this is a page from MY site !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Have fun
                            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                            Newbies / Beginners Forum
                            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

lmao it looks ok to me david lol

Comment

Working...
                              X