HTML Code for smaller windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Code for smaller windows

Ok, does anyone know the HTML code to have a certain page open in a desired highth and width even if the link is off site:

Like here is the page: http://www.metalinsanity.com/metallives.html

I have a link to it that opens it in the desired highth and width but as you can see with the above link it opens in full...

Thanx

Re: HTML Code for smaller windows

Been waiting for that one myself....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
      Been waiting for that one myself....
      I'm also in a conversation with an expert via email on the very subject, so If I get an answer I'll post it here....

Comment

Thanks! I'm probably not the only one that has scoured the Forum looking to no avail. (Deathly afraid by HotScripts.com....too many bugs and viruses)

Comment

This is a long shot but could you find someones site that has a window opening in the size you want and, veiw the code?

Comment

Does anyone understand this? and translate to BV terms

Configuring The Window

Now we get to the commands I used on this page to get the little window effect. This is exactly what I have:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">
            <!--
            window.open ('titlepage.html', 'newwindow', config='height=100,
            width=400, toolbar=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no,
            location=no, directories=no, status=no')
            -->
            </SCRIPT>

(Get all on one line...no spaces)

Here's What's Happening
            • <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript"> starts the JavaScript.
            • window.open is the JS command to open a new browser window.
            • 'titlepage.html' is the name of the page that will fill the window.
            • 'newwindow' is the name of the window. This you need. We are going to use commands intended to alter the window the script is opening. In order for the JavaScript to know what item it is dealing with, the item has to have a name. So we give it one. I went with newwindow. But it could have just as easily been zork, or woohaa, or raspberry.
            • config= denotes that what follows configures the window. (This command really isn't required, but it's a good idea to use just to keep things straight)
            • height=100 denotes the height of the window in pixels.
            • width=400 denotes the width of the window in pixels.
            • toolbar=no denotes if there will be a toolbar on the newly opened window. Set this to yes if you want one - no if you don't.
              The toolbar is the line of buttons at the top of the browser window that contains the BACK, FORWARD, STOP, RELOAD, etc.
            • menubar=no denotes if there will be a menubar. Set this to yes if you want one - no if you don't.
              The menubar is the line of items above labeled FILE, EDIT, VIEW, GO, etc.
            • scrollbars=no denotes if there will be scrollbars or not. Ditto with the yes and no deal. I wouldn't make a new window that would need scrollbars anyway. I think it kills the effect.
            • resizable=no denotes if the user can change the size of the window by dragging or not.
            • location=no denotes if there will be a location bar on the newly opened window. Use yes and no again.
              The location bar is the space at the top of the browser window where the page URL is displayed.
            • directories=no denotes if there will be a directories bar on the new window. Use yes and no.
              This is the bar at the top of the browser window that has the bookmarks and such.
            • status=no denotes if there will be a status bar. Use yes and no.
              The status bar is the area at the very bottom of the browser screen that tells you "Document Done".
            • </SCRIPT> ends the whole deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tenhats
              This is a long shot but could you find someones site that has a window opening in the size you want and, veiw the code?
              I could never make head or tails if it was in Dream, Fusion, or Flash, and what the actual "limiters" were to even begin tinkering....personally....

Comment

I believe this is the code I just dont know where to put it:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="javascript">
                <!--
                window.open ('titlepage.html', 'newwindow', config='height=100,
                width=400, toolbar=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no,
                location=no, directories=no, status=no')
                -->
                </SCRIPT>

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                  I'll tinker a bit, and post when I figure it out (unless you beat me to it! LOL).

Comment

I've tried several things..

right click in BV like you're going to properties and click on Page HTML and pasted the cade in there but I get no response only errors on the page...

Comment

Right...and HTML boxes?
                      Also looking into a "Form" of types....with "action" specified (sounds stupid, I know, but fiddling around).

Comment

I havent tried an HTML Box yet... Im still with the Page HTML properties

Comment

Working...
                        X