This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg! Colors Changed When Published!!

Ok. Here's a great one. I published my first and second pages.
    A) I am not using buttons, just TEXT for links.
    I opened first page (index.)
    I highlight text I wanted to link from index to second page.
    Clicked the "link" toolbar and inserted in URL space:

(colourtherapyspa.com/)/(colour_energy)/html.
    with the http:// business in front of that wording
    (I dare not write it here properly or it will publish like before!!!)

I then clicked ok, and published.

My first page came up with blue instead of aqua text for the link. Other text also changed color. AND BACKGROUNDS changed color! What on earth do I do here!

I did try putting in "style 1" and for all possible types of links, tried to input aqua for the text and automatic for background. The background is a "shape" that I made navy.

I hope you can figure out my URL because no way can/will I type it right here....and maybe offer me some help? ( I do NOT want to use buttons or a menu bar, I want to use the text to link everything.)

THANKS BUNCHES IN ADVANCE FOR SAVING ME!!!

Leeza

Re: Omg! Colors Changed When Published!!

You probably aren't using web colors.

Have a look at this, it might give you some information:

http://adsenseproject.com/implementation/step_4_3.htm

Comment

Well I looked up the web colors on internet, read about them, etc. but first of all BV doesn't say I need to use those...and also, I can't figure out where I would TRY to use them. In the link box there is no area in any of the boxes that come up to input numbers or letters of web colors.

Also, I wouldn't know how to change background colours using these.

I don't think this is my problem- the colors are remaining those that I chose for various texts and backgrounds, but these texts and backgrounds are rearranging themselves in color. E.G. aqua text turns to blue text....blue background changes itself to the custom color I listed for a different page background...

If I am wrong, please say so. I just really don't know where to go from here, I've tried different ways to make it work for HOURS!

Thanks very much for your reply! If I'm wrong, could you list, step-by-step what I should do? I'm only working with the first two pages. I can't see how this can be so difficult, but if I had "steps" to follow (the tutorial steps do not work) that may help me.

Leeza
      colourtherapyspa.....http://etc....

Comment

If you are using Blue Voda, there are means for you to specify color formulae for true representation: under "Custom Color", one click past the standard palette. This is applicable for text, shapes, and other techniques.

There may be some variation between what you see in BV and what you see "live" if your browser or computer has been reset. "Preview" presents your pages off your Temp folder, directly associated with your saved BV pages which reside in your Main BV folder.

Specifying (and conforming) colors using this method will assure you of exact presentation, albeit according to each viewing computers settings....

Beyond this perspective, make sure your issues do not revolve around a "Cloned" template, or that hyperlink Styles have been set accordingly (under FORMAT, top of BV toolbar).

PS: Used to live in Tarpon....returning soon!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Vasili. I use the "custom colors" all the time, so do know how they work fairly well (except that when I save one it won't stay saved if I leave the page etc.)

Can you tell me how I should set format style from "format" bar at top of page? I set it when I did the linking, hopefully right, although nobody told me how to...do I do it that same in the format bar?

I didn't clone any pages, but did save some pages under other names. Could this be my problem vs. starting all over?

I have noticed I cannot copy/paste from one page to another. Or am I missing something.

Any other help would be most appreciated, I don't know why BV doesn't explain all this.

Thanks much,
          Leeza

Comment

In BV, Under FORMAT, you'll see the option for Hyperlink Style Sheet. This is where you can "set" your text links to not show up with the default underlined blue, if you wish.
            For the most part, I have had some difficulties changing the styles "midstream" (so to speak), as they seem to be governed from what was set on the "index" page....whether or not it has been Cloned or mimiced as a "template" of sorts. Maybe it has something to do how the pages in one site relate.....I have only been able to change the styles and have them "stick" if I create pages other than index from scratch and then duplicate from THAT one, and I DO use the Copy/Paste method, so I really don't know what you are saying when it is not working for you......

To copy/paste between pages, they must both be open in BV, and there is no mystery there, if you are using the right-click method. (I only use the EDIT copy/paste commands when it is a complicated paste, personally)

Other than that, fiddle around using the above, and let me know what is still problematic....I'll be around all night, apparently.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, all- I'm still having MAJOR color problems but for my own sanity must walk away from it for today (Sun.) but I'll be back trying to figure it out tomorrow and will work harder with what you guys have told me here...

Comment

Working...
              X