Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to test my page on the internet .... but

Hi Everyone,

Here's my issue -- we have a company name that we are using, called www.advanced-equipment.com, and this website was already being worked on by another employee at our office and this job was just handed to me. We are a very small company so how I chose to do this was all "up to me" per se. The question/problem I have is that I somehow need to figure out if this will work under the name, you see if you go into the web, under the address above, you can see the previous work done and that it is under construction. Well since I took this over I've been using Blue Voda (because I love this site and the way things are done here) - so we registered and paid, and I've started working on this, have a new page and everything done for the site - but how NOW do I get it to point to the NEW Blue Voda pages on the internet, and NOT what was previously done by this other person?? I spoke with my boss today and he told me that the "advanced-equipment.com" was purchased by "register.com" -- and we own the name. Does that help in any way??

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, I need to get this up on the web to show him what I've been working on and to see if it all worked/works??

Thanks,
    KatieC

Re: Want to test my page on the internet .... but

Hi, Katie.

You need to watch this video about pointing your domain to your vodahost server.
    http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/dns/dns_register.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Want to test my page on the internet .... but

You should be able to go into your DNS server, the controll panel for the current name and set the blue voda name servers as the place you want the URL to disolve to.
      I would recommend deconstructing the old site by deleting all its content also, or theres a possibility you could be pennilized by serch engines for duplicate site or "Mirroring", which would down grade your search standings.

Comment

Working...
      X