Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Lock a Quicktime

Hi....
    I have a page with videos www.gabrielteran.com/videos.html and I would like to lock the quicktime so people can't download them ro Save as.....

Some sites they have quicktimes but is impossible to save them in your desktop. How do I do that???

G

Re: How to Lock a Quicktime

All the movies on that page are songs that carry a copyright, your site is ilegal and you have probably broken Voda terms and conditions mate

FPRULES

Comment

Thanks for that. I understand what you're saying.

I'm just trying and testing the site, but only three of them doesn't have the rights yet..... the rest are fine. I"m waiting for their authorization.

What I can do is take the three ones without the authorization, is that makes you happy.

G

Comment

Originally posted by teroleague
        Thanks for that. I understand what you're saying.

I'm just trying and testing the site, but only three of them doesn't have the rights yet..... the rest are fine. I"m waiting for their authorization.

What I can do is take the three ones without the authorization, is that makes you happy.

G
        Nor Rob, me or VodaHost or anyone else in this world needs to be happy or satisfied.. it's you that needs to be happy.. don;t worry about anything.. If you are organizing your licences, then go ahead, and if you have some videos or music that is not licenced yet, then keep them there and go arrange your licences and authorizations... your website is PERFECTLY LEGAL.. otherwise it would not be on the web.. You will need those files uploaded to show the people that will approach for permissions.. The jebrish you hear about copy right and all that stuff is all true.. but not real life situations.. MSN and Yahoo, Disney and **** are not after our asses because we play some of their productions..

Some people think that they are bigger than Napster and more popular than LimeWire.. Well, you aren't.. nor am I.. When you start getting 2 million hits on videos with 800,000 downlaods per day, then you might want to start worrying.

Tell me your exact location and I'll get back to you with the authority you need to get a general licence for web displays which will cover everything you do.. mind you, those licences are extremely cheap.. mine is $117 per year, given by APRA Australia.

Don't go shutting your website down mate.. you're fine.. you're legal and you'll have your content sorted out I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
          All the movies on that page are songs that carry a copyright, your site is ilegal and you have probably broken Voda terms and conditions mate
          What is really makes me upset is about this person telling me
          "All the movies on that page".... What do you know about me????

Go here...
          "Gabriel Teran is one of Canada's exceptional rising stars, both as a director and as a CGI compositing genius. "These Fine Feathers" is a trip and a half!"

Spiker
          -Rory Spiker

http://www.bravofact.com/shorts/deta...eran&ANDOR=AND Dude...that's my video, I apply for the grant, my concept, I'm the producer, director, editor, VFX.........

Or this one.....where I'm he producer, director, performer.....
          http://www.newyorkminutefilmfestival...m.mov&offset=0 where I won Best Experimental short In New York

Or Out There is mine too, and the Darkest is mine too and Mono is Mine too.

So again....thanks but I'm in the process of building and testing my site, and next time do not say ALL THE MOVIES ON THAT PAGE

Sincerely
          Gabriel

Comment

Again...Thanks EZ for your support. I'm just learning how to put my site together and already have a bomer.....

About... "Tell me your exact location and I'll get back to you with the authority you need to get a general licence for web displays which will cover everything you do.. mind you, those licences are extremely cheap.. mine is $117 per year, given by APRA Australia."

I'm in Toronto, Canada.

Gabriel

Comment

Again...Thanks EZ for your support. I'm just learning how to put my site together and already have a bomer.....

About... "Tell me your exact location and I'll get back to you with the authority you need to get a general licence for web displays which will cover everything you do.. mind you, those licences are extremely cheap.. mine is $117 per year, given by APRA Australia."

I'm in Toronto, Canada.

Gabriel

G'day Gabriel.. 2 Things mate:

1. I sense a little bit of tension in your post above.. I can assure you whatever the post is, and no matter how it is worded it's always given with your best interest at heart.. So, rest assured Rob's post was not personal.. There shouldn't be conflict in criticism.

2. Now, to the licencing issue.. Here's a link that gives you a mass sum of information about licencing issues in canada.. Read it everynow and then.. I don't think it is urgent for you to drop everything and go chasing after licencing. http://www.copyrig***entral.ca/home.htm.

(I lived in Ajax, near Pickering for a while.. right off the 401..) Canada Rocks.

Cheers mate.

Comment

Thanks EZ.

G

Comment

Thanks EZ.

G
                  You're welcome.. I'm keeping a keen eye on the progress of your website.. let me know if you need anything mate.. I'm not an expert but will do whatever I can..

Note: I'm trying to find the code for locking Quicktime... I'll keep you updated.

Cheers.

Comment

Yeah, chill out (thanks Carlos). a lot of people here dont like me for my straight forward ways so another wont hurt me. If you are obtaining licened permission then fairplay for doing the right thing

FPRULES

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
                      Yeah, chill out (thanks Carlos). a lot of people here dont like me for my straight forward ways so another wont hurt me. If you are obtaining licened permission then fairplay for doing the right thing
                      Honey....keep doing Kitty websites....

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA that was just a little personal site, if only I had room in my signature to list them all.

FPRULES

Comment

Working...
                        X