Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Width of web page

Hi,

I am using a wide screen laptop to design my webpage to fit the whole screes.

However when I view the pages with other laptop, the screen is too small to fit all the graphics.

Can I ask what is the best screen width to fit this and how do I go about resolving this?

www.tdisdiseasia.com

Thanks in advance

Re: Width of web page

Originally posted by alexyeo007
    Hi,

I am using a wide screen laptop to design my webpage to fit the whole screes.

However when I view the pages with other laptop, the screen is too small to fit all the graphics.

Can I ask what is the best screen width to fit this and how do I go about resolving this?

www.tdisdiseasia.com

Thanks in advance
    The safest width to use is 800 pixels and centred. At that width ALL users will see your site, perfecftly. However it is becoming more popular to use the 1000px width as more people are replacing old monitors with modern and bigger ones. Some people like to build the main part of their page to 800 and use the extra 200 for non essential stuff like Google ads or similar. I think most people, including myself, go for the safe option of 800 centred. I wouldn't want to annoy any potential user by making them use the horizontal scroll.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

By byilding two sites with different sizes would be great and let people choose which size they prefer, before they enter your main index file, takes time, but looks more professional and looking up for your visitors.

Comment

Hi,

Do you mean I should follow the ruler on top and stop at 800 mark?

If I exceed that, can I go to page properties and change the width size to 800? Would that do?
        How do Ii make it appear center on all computer?

Thanks

Comment

To make things easier for you, from menu click Layout > Guide Settings > Guide Borders, set the width to 800 and the vertical to what you need. Dotted lines will appear on your BV page and help you.

Right click on yr page, Page Properties and check Center in browser. While there check page width. Its a good idea to check it again before you save and publish.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Got it thanks

Comment

You're welcome.
              Bill