Best Choice for Shopping Cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Choice for Shopping Cart?

There seems to be a wide variety of shopping cart applications out there. I have read a few reviews, and it seems that ShopSite might be a good choice but I wanted to check here and see what others found to be the right choice, especially in relation to compatability with BlueVoda.

Thanks.

Re: Best Choice for Shopping Cart?

Originally posted by Cspathnow
    There seems to be a wide variety of shopping cart applications out there. I have read a few reviews, and it seems that ShopSite might be a good choice but I wanted to check here and see what others found to be the right choice, especially in relation to compatability with BlueVoda.

Thanks.
    One you may want to consider is Mals-e. I use it and found it simple to set up and integrate into my pages. It works well with PayPal too. Oh and it's free. LOL (http://www.mals-e.com)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Cspathnow

Thanks.
      What is your website / URL ?
      It becomes a personal choice, the number of products you have and how flexible you want to be. I was not impressed with some of the other programs (not because they are good or bad). Ease of use won and I chose to stay with BV and PayPal.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I tried about 15 shopping carts :) - and picked Cart Manager - which is NOT free - but allows me to build with Blue Voda and have all the options I need in shipping, etc - and I didn't want to go with a site that was completely template/shopping cart driven.

You need to look at the carts available and see what works for YOU - as some will, and some won't - we don't all need the same thing.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

PayPal. Easy to use, great shopping cart options, trusted almost everywhere and almost everyone has an account.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

While I will use Paypal - on another forum I moderate, it has been discovered that lots won't. In fact, just last week one of our users had her merchant account go down and had a customer refuse to use paypal. That's just a fact of life - it's still not used by all.

So, while I think it's good for some - not everyone has an account as Jeremy says - it's actually a very small percentage of the buying public who does - and it's a great option - but if you can add a merchant account, I highly recommend you do so. For some businesses or start-ups Paypal is a great way to start - but I still recommend adding a merchant account if and when you can. It will still make a difference.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Google now has a cart/ merchant option. It's worth looking at.

Comment

I think PayPal is great too. I also just found out that your customers don't need to have a PayPal account anymore to use their Visa, MC, Amex or Discover card to make a secure payment at your site through the PayPal system. Woohoo!

Plus, "FREE" does a body good. ;)

Julie
                www.hanalynn.com

Comment

Pssst!
                  Did you know that VodaHost offers a Free Merchant Account with every VH account also, had you decided to use one of the Free shopping carts available in Fantastico! (in your cPanel)?

PayPal has worked wonders for many of us that have successfully integrated it into our BV websites, and since it is a truly Global solution, it has out-performed other options by far....

Good Luck, and Good Webbing!

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Shopping carts are always a hard one to sort out & most should work with BV as they usually run as a program in there own right. Your program should always be what you feel most comfortable with, & what works for your business. Have a look at the list that paypal have on there site, a lot of them have demos.
                    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/bizui/IntegrationThirdParty-outside
                    Once you have picket out 5 or 6! Send an email to each one with a question about their software & see what the response time is. If they don’t respond within 24 hours in a working week, then you have to think about what sort of back up they offer once you purchased.

This one has a nice back end. Plus any emails I sent to the company where replied to in under 8 hours. http://digishop3.sumeffect.com/try.php? It’s not Free/

Good luck.

Chris.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X