Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Error page question

Hi Everyone,

I was looking around but I didn't find what I want, if anybody can give me tips or a link to this forum if what's below's already mentioned here:

Ok, I would like to put in my form page that little red stars in some field, you know which will show an obligation to feel, and then create an error page showing if somebody didn't put an information into that obligated field.

Thanks in advance.
    The Producer

Re: Form Error page question

This is a tutorial by Andy128. It's very useful and may not be exactly what you want but it will help you out with field validation. It's a great tutorial and a great form.

http://www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
      This is a tutorial by Andy128. It's very useful and may not be exactly what you want but it will help you out with field validation. It's a great tutorial and a great form.

http://www.netisopen.com/computer/TF001/phpmailto.html
      Thank you, but actualy it's not what I need, this talks about security of form, maybe I wasn't clear enough, ok:

Let say you will open a new e-mail account in Yahoo, there is a form right? in some fields, you see a little star like * which means that you have absolutly to put information in that field, let say you forgot or not see it and kept that field with a little * empty, you click submit, and then another page opens telling you that the field in red or with * is empty and you must complete it or another kind of message.

That's exactly what I want to do.

Anyone please?

Thanks
      The Producer

Comment

Hi Producer..

1. What Amanda refers to above is actually what you need, Form Validation'. I have to admit I never seen that particular tutorial as I use my own validation script.

2. I don;t if you tried to use my BizClub form, but that was the only portion of my website that is not complete.. I recived a blank email.. I thought I mention that.. In any case, all of the forms on my website are validated using a special validation script.. they do not take you to another page, but they display an error message underneath the missing fields. Try this contact form http://adsenseproject.com/contact/contact.htm.

If that is what you need, then let me know and I will post or email it to you.. (The script).

Also, you still have not responded to me about the media player (Hide Controller' Email that I sent you.

Cheers mate.

Comment

Hey ez ez,

That's great, maybe I just didn't know where to find what I want in the above link poted by Girlinthehill, by rush, I just looked quick, anyway, that's great what you suggested.

About your e-mail, i didn't receive it, I was waitin for it, but nothin, I thought you might be still working on it, are you sure about the address, please if you can try again and put CC to: nite.creative******.com, to see it ight be something wrongwith my e-mail.

actualy, I have good news about what I was waiting.
          The Producer

Comment

Please wait a couple of days. There is going to be a new form script that will have almost everything you might ask from a generic script: required fields, type validation, multiple choice fields processing, multifile upload, error reporting with all the errors gathered together, security measures, and most of all, little or no script editing on the user side. Also, an online tutorial and a PDF downloadable tutorial to print and consult step by step.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
              Please wait a couple of days. There is going to be a new form script that will have almost everything you might ask from a generic script: required fields, type validation, multiple choice fields processing, multifile upload, error reporting with all the errors gathered together, security measures, and most of all, little or no script editing on the user side. Also, an online tutorial and a PDF downloadable tutorial to print and consult step by step.
              This is great, super great, finally we will step up to pro.

Thank you navaldesign
              The Producer

Comment

Nite Producer, you might find your answer in the email forum or the forms forum. Good luck.
                www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
                X