Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to get my web sites noticed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to get my web sites noticed?

1) How do I get my web sites pulled up in search engines?
    Of course I don't want to pay extra for this, but if that’s how it works?

I don't know who to trust. There are plenty of advertisements claiming to get you noticed at the top of searches, but I don't want to just throw money at them not knowing how it all is suppose to work or who actually delivers on what they claim… :)

My main concern is getting www.candcshires.com noticed.
    We are getting frustrated that we aren't getting very many hits on the site. She really needs to get some of the horses sold.
    She has probably the best web site out there for Shire Draft Horses; way more photos posted of the horses then any other breeder, along with that her horses are much better bred then anyone else's out there.
    But people (customers) aren't finding her.
    ... and that said, other breeders she knows are selling horses and she is not.

Re: What is the best way to get my web sites noticed?

Originally posted by Beck
    1) How do I get my web sites pulled up in search engines?
    Of course I don't want to pay extra for this, but if that’s how it works?

I don't know who to trust. There are plenty of advertisements claiming to get you noticed at the top of searches, but I don't want to just throw money at them not knowing how it all is suppose to work or who actually delivers on what they claim… :)

My main concern is getting www.candcshires.com noticed.
    We are getting frustrated that we aren't getting very many hits on the site. She really needs to get some of the horses sold.
    She has probably the best web site out there for Shire Draft Horses; way more photos posted of the horses then any other breeder, along with that her horses are much better bred then anyone else's out there.
    But people (customers) aren't finding her.
    ... and that said, other breeders she knows are selling horses and she is not.
    Okay. Firstly - ensure that your website is Search Engine friendly. You will have to do some reading but it will pay off, trust me. Check out the Search Engine forum here for starters. It is crammed with really useful and important information on getting your site 'out there' and noticed. You need to ensure that you have the ultimate Metatags and keywords - the SE Forum will help you.

Secondly - get out into the WWW and join forums. Don't just join - add your site to your signature and profile and post, post, post! The SE's love forums especially ones like this which is specifically set up to attract SE bots and crawlers. Every time you make a post - your signature (and website) will get crawled.

Thirdly - join some decent exchange link programs. I know of three excellent ones: BlueVodaExchangeLink, Showcase of BlueVoda websites, and VodaSearch These are all free to join for VH members. I highly recommend them all.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/goo...gle-guide.html

Take a peek at this and maybe this might help.

Comment

Thanks, I have been looking at all of what you two have given me..

Amanda, the Blue Voda Exchange link is not working I keep getting

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. blah, blah, blah...

The “Showcase of BV websites” says I can't use it for now it has fatal errors
        The “Voda search” I tried to sign up and was willing to pay for it, but it won't go unless I add the receptacle link. My understanding was if I pay for it I am not required to add the receptacle link to my pages or am I wrong?

I tried adding c and c to the google ULR... I'm not sure it worked though. I type in al he info, hit the send button and got a blank page . I thought maybe i did it wrong or something, so I did it again same thing. so I tried my adding my other site hitchhikinghorses.com same blank page..
        Ugggh .............
        I think I'll give up for the moment and go make a late breakfast... since all I've had today is coffee ;)

Comment

Working...
        X