Scanned Images "image not found"??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanned Images "image not found"??

I've scanned images that I want to use, and have some other images just from the web and stuff -- and everytime I go to put an image into my webpage, it comes up and says "image not found" with a big red ! in the box. Why will it not accept scanned images in bv? Or how do I get these images (jpg/gifs) into my webpage, why won't it accept these images?

Thanks -- just another little "glitch" is all .....

KatieC.

Re: Scanned Images "image not found"??

Whats your web address?

Comment

my web address is registered with register.com right now, I'm waiting to get it redirected so that I can make it point to my "web pages" that I'm building now so you won't see what I'm building, but I can give it to you anyway .... it's www.advanced-equipment.com

As of right now, someone else was building this page and you'll see what this previous person had built, but now that I'm taking it over, I'm buiding it for my boss/husband - and once I build it in bv - I'm going to point the old web site to the new one, it's with register.com and I have to pay THEM $40 to redirect the old website to the new one so that's why I've waited to redirect it until I'm a bit further.

Do you know if there's a reason that I can't add images to my pages in bv? I know it doesn't have anything necessarily to do with my "site" because it's not even on the www yet .....?

Thanks so much, hope the additional information helps you ....
      KatieC.

ps .... the images that I've scanned, are like "company logo's" that were drawn onto our letterhead, letterhead information, letters and pictures on brochures that we have for our company. One is of a "nitrotherm spray paint booth" that is part of our brochure. I scanned this, saved it as a small jpg, and when I go to put it on my page, it says ..... "image not found" in that box that appears on the page when you are searching / browsing through your files for the image.

Comment

Hi Katie,

I dont know this one ...but try putting this thread on the right forum ...Adding Elements to your site....you will get more response from people who know ... you might even find the answer there to if you do a forum search :o)
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Are you saving them to a file on your computer?
          Then opening the "insert image" in BV and finding that file and double clicking on the correct image?

Comment

I just checked it seems fine to me, I see number of images.
            jahnSELE

Comment

Katie, have you gone through the tutorials?
              Once you save it as a *.jpeg or *.gif and can see it with yr default viewer, it will load in BV. How small are you making the image?

BTW if you post the temp address we will see what you are working on and can help you. You can direct the NS when you finish.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Katie....do you have a vodahost account?....where are you publishing your pages to?...what domain name?

Bill this is Katies link... but I have a feeling that she hasnt yet pointed her domain to voda ...does it usually cost money to point a domain? ...didnt cost me a bean.

http://www.advanced-equipment.com/index.html

How to Center your page

Comment

Whenever you use images in Blue Voda, double-check that after you first import them onto your page, they have been successfully "copied" (automatically) to your Blue Voda > Images folder (in My Documents). A quick way to verify they also reside in your BV-Images folder is to try to import it once again in Blue Voda (same working page is fine), and when the dialog box comes up, click/open the images folder, locate it (if it is there), and import it.

Now....click Preview to see if BOTH show up...if so, then return to your BV page, delete the extra image, and SAVE your page. This assures you the image has been properly "Saved" to the file as well as the page.

>> Often, we import/construct/layout our BV pages and even go so far as to Publish them without first Saving the page. When we gather elements from all over our computer and even from external sources, they will always remain in our Temporary Folder until they are "assigned" a residency via Saving. This is also why you should always refresh your browser when using Preview repeatedly: IE will not automatically reload a new page version unless told to do so.

And....thus the difference between Preview and Publish. If your domain is not set up, DNS not changed, and you are "seeing" everything only in Preview (which operates off Temp Files), you will need to "set" your pages by Saving, and refresh your browser faithfully to see a more accurate presentation of your hard work!

and on you go....
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Lincslady
                    ... but I have a feeling that she hasnt yet pointed her domain to voda ...does it usually cost money to point a domain? ...didnt cost me a bean.
                    No, the site Katie is working on (like she mentioned) is still at Yahoo:
                    DNS Servers:
                    yns1.yahoo.com
                    yns2.yahoo.com

I can't imagine that Yahoo is charging $40 to transfer a site, but if that is truly the case, don't even bother!
                    When you have gotten your BV website where you are ready to publish, simply log in to your Control Panel / Customer Interface at Yahoo! and you yourself can enter the DNS (Doamin Name Server) changes to simply "point" to your VodaHost account where you can publish and manage your entire BV-created website!! (The easy-to-follow Tutorial on how to do this is HERE )

The only cost will be the setup of your VodaHost account (you can get a Free doamin, or Free transfer at the time too!), and you get so much more Free with that account to transform your website into the awesome one you've envisioned!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili .... WHAT??

YES, yahoo is charging me to "point the dns numbers" because apparently THEY are the host "now" of the www.advanced-equipment.com site.???!!! You are saying that I can change this for FREE?? I had no idea I could do that, I have NOT paid them this charge yet, all I knew was that before I could ask them to point this old website (the one you see now) - to the NEW one (the one I'm working on and can't view on the web because I haven't paid yahoo yet to point the domain numbers in the right direction) was that I had to pay this $40 charge.

Another problem I'm having, is that my boss just told me that (AFTER I ALREADY PAID FOR A VODAHOST ACCOUNT UNDER THE NAME WWW.ADVANCED-EQUIPMENT.COM) he wants the domain name to be www.haydell.com -- Now I don't have a way to change that with Blue Voda. He says he OWNS THE HAYDELL.COM, it's through register.com but he has YET to build a website on this name?? I'm SO CLUELESS on how to change this, and how to point the www.advanced-equipment.com to the new one I'm working on so that I can see what I'm DOING on the web and so that HE CAN LOOK at my progress by typing in the www.advanced-equipment.com in the URL ...... until I pay this darn $40, I can't see what I'm doing and HE can't see what I'm doing, and now he wants it changed anyway ....?? To this www.haydell.com that he paid for at register.com just for the domain name.

I already paid for and got my vodahost account, under the advanced equipment website, and now he wants to change it .... and he owns the haydell.com one from register.com. And I KNOW that THEY charge the $40 for me to point that haydell.com to my website right??

Oh my gosh, you are such an angel, if you can help me do this, I will be forever in debt to you!!

Thanks again for your help ..... I can't TELL YOU how lucky I am that you all are here to help, I'd be lost.

KatieC.

Comment

problem here .... he does not remember anything about the passwords/usernames. He only remembers that the email accounts were set up (pop3/smtp) through outlook in the office and two of the girls have emails that are ending with the "advanced-equipment.com" ---- these are the ONLY passwords he remembers for this yahoo-based account, so as far as logging into the control panel, I'm going to have to call yahoo to figure out how we do this once you've lost/forgotten the password etc., because the person that was working on this site (now doesn't work there) is GONE and we have no way to figure this out. My boss just said to call yahoo and tell them we need to get into the account and forgot our password accept the username/passwords for the email pop3 and smtp accounts?? Could that be the SAME password??

The LAST problem / answer .....?
                        I already registered with bluevoda for the "advanced-equipment.com" and now that he wants to "CHANGE THIS" to the www.haydell.com address (when typed into the address bar, brings up "Comming Soon to Register.com!" -- and now I'm stuck with the www.advanced-equipment.com even though I'm not going to use that one ..... now I have to not only change my WEBSITE Title and all the stuff inside the website, but I have to figure out a way to get register.com to let me use the haydell.com one and point THAT to this vodawebsite. ????

Is there even a way to rectify this whole thing or do I have to go purchase a WHOLE OTHER vodahost website so that I can have the www.haydell.com address INSTEAD of what I originally registered for earlier this week???

What a mess ..... I wish I could see what I'm doing up ON the internet, but until I get this stuff straightened out first, I can't see anything. Now what I registered for, isn't what we want, it's never going to be used. NOW WE WANT the www.haydell.com name / hosted etc., .....

any suggestions / ideas??

Comment

Hi Katie,

Dont Panic! lol ...Thats not a problem...so forget about the first domain name for now and concentrate on the name you want. haydell.com

Ive found this great tutorial for changing your DNS on register.com to Vodahost .....so read it over and over again as many times as you have to .. print a copy of your welcome email off so that you have your details in front of you ....get a cup of coffee and go get your haydell.com pointed to voda ......

try to login to register .com and thers usually somewhere thats says ..."forgot your password?" ....click that ...and see if you can get it that way if not then you will have to mail register.com and explain youve lost your login details....once you have them ... it will be easy....heres the tutorial

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/dns/dns_register.htm

How to Center your page

Comment

Thanks Linda, I saw it.

Katie, step by step. Yous eem to have several challenges going at once.
                            1. Yahoo - Vasili has told you how to fix that one without paying the fee.
                            2. Images, believe you have resolved this. Let us know if not.
                            3. Domain names. Create a subdomain for www.haydell.com, and redirect all traffic from www.advanced-equipment.com to it.
                            4. Do the same for www.haydell.com from Register as you would Yahoo.
                            5. You don't have to purchase another account.

Tackle one problem at a time. Since your boss wants his website www.haydell.com start on that.
                            Bill
                            www.blueearthtea.com
                            www.ftaaconsulting.com
                            www.iaval.com
                            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Ok .... here's the run-down on what's good/what's not:

1) Image Problem - FIXED! Got this one under Control (thanks for all the help on this by the way!!)

2) Registered / Paid BV for the domain advanced-equipment.com, but need to somehow change that to what boss wants which is haydell.com now. Do I need money to do this? How do I contact BV to tell them to "forget the old idea of www.advanced-equipment.com and fix me up for www.haydell.com??

3) Since www.haydell.com was just purchased for the DOMAIN NAME, I believe that once I get BV to show THIS as my chosen domain, once I publish and build the site, I should see it up on the web and all because nothing was ever "built" under the haydell.com name - all we did apparently was purchase the domain name from register.com, that was all. Just the domain name. So once I register with BV as this name, shouldn't it just "show up" on the internet when/as I'm building it?? I just have to get BV to somehow change this and I don't know how to do that.

4) Can't get my pages to save all together as ONE. I saved my index page, and did "SAVE AS" and then typed the word "index" and it saved properly. However, when creating all the ADDITIONAL PAGES to the ONE SITE, it doesn't save them as "attached to index" -- it saves them all separately and I thought I remembered when doing this LAST time, that it saved all pages under the INDEX so that when I opened my index page, all the others tabs showed at the top also and I could work on all pages as one in a way. Does that make sense?? Somehow this is NOT working this way and I'm having to literally OPEN all pages separately, and when I close them - and try to reopen the index again to continue working on my "pageS" -- it only opens my INDEX page and not the others, I have to manually open all the others to work on them. BUT, THEY DO HAVE THAT LITTLE BV ICON BY THEIR NAMES, so maybe I'm WRONG in that they were all saved together under ONE NAME .... so this might just be ME and this is all correct??

Ok, I think I've hit all I need to here -- this might be easier. I'm just going to continue on with this ONE thread and wish I could DELETE the other so it's not so confusing, I'm SO SORRY that I did this "thread thing" wrong. Please accept my apologies for confusing you all .....

Katie

Comment

Working...
                              X