Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just lost my WHOLE SECOND AND THIRD PAGES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just lost my WHOLE SECOND AND THIRD PAGES!!!!

OH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS .... *crying* .... I just spent about 3 work hours (yes I get paid for working on the website but people are not going to be happy with me when they find out I just lost everything I worked on .....??) *smiley/frustrated face*

Ok, I did what everyone said to do and saved my "pages" as stated, I created the page and set the page properties, and saved my "second page" which was called *ABOUT US*, as was told ..... SAVE AS / aboutus ... and I published, and saved it without putting the html because I was told that bv put the html in there automatically, that the reason I did not pull all of my pages up when I pulled up my INDEX page, was because I typed in the "html" .... so this time, I DIDN'T type the html .... I just saved the pages as *ABOUT US* and the third page, which corresponds with the third button on my home page .... called *EQUIPMENT* ..... did all the work on the page to try and get it right, and what do ya know, I just tried to pull up my index, to keep working on my "second pages" ---- and only the INDEX page is there?? Oh my gosh, where did my other pages go and how do I get them TO LINK TO THE INDEX PAGE THIS TIME so that when I pull up my index page to work on IT, the second and third pages are there also for me to work on ....?? I'm going to try to find my other pages, but most likely I'm going to have to "create" all over again, but this time I want to make it STAY with the index page.

Thanks so much .... sorry for bothering everyone, I feel like such a pain, but I watched the tutorials on this and asked this question somewhere just pretty recently, thought I got the answer, followed everything to the tee, and still didn't work .....

Love all you guys! Thank you thank you thank you .....
    KatieC

Re: Just lost my WHOLE SECOND AND THIRD PAGES!!!!

Just to add to my last post ..... this might help someone help ME to get this page linked to the index page and all ...

I FOUND MY "ABOUTUS" PAGE and opened it and it's all the work I've saved, it has a bv icon next to it, and i had to open it separately up as a "open" page ....

..... now I guess all I need to do is something must be in page properties to get it to understand that it is PART of my website/index page?? Is there somewhere in page properties that I can go in and REsave this page again, only do something different so that it opens up WITH my Index page? (As a PART-OF my index page and this one website?)

Hope this helps ... I think I'm close ....??

KatieC

Comment

Originally posted by katieC
      OH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS .... *crying* .... I just spent about 3 work hours (yes I get paid for working on the website but people are not going to be happy with me when they find out I just lost everything I worked on .....??) *smiley/frustrated face*

Ok, I did what everyone said to do and saved my "pages" as stated, I created the page and set the page properties, and saved my "second page" which was called *ABOUT US*, as was told ..... SAVE AS / aboutus ... and I published, and saved it without putting the html because I was told that bv put the html in there automatically, that the reason I did not pull all of my pages up when I pulled up my INDEX page, was because I typed in the "html" .... so this time, I DIDN'T type the html .... I just saved the pages as *ABOUT US* and the third page, which corresponds with the third button on my home page .... called *EQUIPMENT* ..... did all the work on the page to try and get it right, and what do ya know, I just tried to pull up my index, to keep working on my "second pages" ---- and only the INDEX page is there?? Oh my gosh, where did my other pages go and how do I get them TO LINK TO THE INDEX PAGE THIS TIME so that when I pull up my index page to work on IT, the second and third pages are there also for me to work on ....?? I'm going to try to find my other pages, but most likely I'm going to have to "create" all over again, but this time I want to make it STAY with the index page.

Thanks so much .... sorry for bothering everyone, I feel like such a pain, but I watched the tutorials on this and asked this question somewhere just pretty recently, thought I got the answer, followed everything to the tee, and still didn't work .....

Love all you guys! Thank you thank you thank you .....
      KatieC
      Katie, take a deep breath and calm down. If you saved your pages then they will be on your pc somewhere. Have a look around, if you can't 'see' them then try the Windows 'search' feature (from your desktop >Start >Search > All files and folders > and type in the name of your page follwed by .bvp - ie. aboutus.bvp This should show you where the pages are and, odds on, your other missing pages will be in the same place.

Please let us know your URL so we can take a look at your index page - this may help us work out why your links aren't working.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There might be a solution.
        What is your site? URL
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hey!

If you lost your pages, you can submit a support ticket and they will reset your website to how it was 7 days ago.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

NO - you didn't LOSE anything - you just don't understand how to link the pages -

The home page will not link to the other pages unless you PUT a link on the home TO the other pages. Look at websites - the navigation is usually the link to most other pages. So, you need navigation to take visitors to the other pages. That's where they will be found. If you published them - you can get to them online by knowing the entire url to them - for example - you published your index - that is www.yourdomain.com . Then you publish a 2nd page and named it page2 (just an example) - you can find it on line as www.yourdomain.com/page2.html - etc etc etc

Oh, and all the saved pages are saved in your bv folder - so they don't really get "lost".
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ok, my url is www.advanced-equipment.com but the problem is that I have not paid my $40 to yahoo yet to have them switch the old website to point to my NEW website so you won't be able to see them unfortunately. We're still working on that one.

But I FOUND the "second page", and I can pull it up in bv - but how do I SAVE it now properly to make sure it get's pulled up with my index page when I open up my bv next time?? Right now, I have to pull these pages up separately to work on them and save them ....? Does that make sense? I can pull up my index, then the second page is named "about us" (follows the buttons on my index page in order) -- I save it but it doesn't get saved with my index page so that it pulls up at the same time/WITH my index page. What about the page properties do I have to make sure is filled IN correctly to link the second page I have to my INDEX?? Or is it when I "save as" there is something special I need to save it as or under when I do this??

Hope this helps -- I'm trying to get this dns thing all straightened out so that I can view also my page on the internet .....

KatieC

Comment

Katie, read your other post and keep them together. Easier to help you.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I might be confused, but your separate pages are always saved
                  separately because they are each a file on their own.
                  I always open only one page in BV, then another, and another, etc.
                  If you go to 'my documents, blue voda' you should see all of
                  the pages you have ever saved , if that is where you saved them.
                  Also, check your link on your index page. I'll bet there is a problem
                  there. I recently did something similar and my blood pressure
                  spiked! If you accidentally publish your index page, or any other,
                  as '.html', chances are, on the server it will be listed as index.html.html
                  It is there, just not listed right. You can actually see everything that
                  has been uploaded (published) to your server by going to 'tools'
                  at the top, and 'ftp manager', then 'connect'. On the right side of
                  your screen will be all the folders in your 'public_html' folder.
                  Look through there and see if each page is listed properly. Make
                  sure there are no spaces, extra dots, punctuation, extra letters
                  or an extra .html, etc. I don't think you have lost anything. It's
                  just out of whack!
                  Brad Arnold.......
                  www.baldwincomusic.com
                  www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                  !Free Search Engine Submission!
                  Talking Avatar for your web site!
                  Free sound editor
                  Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                  X