Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Your Site Rates?

Hello Great BV Family,

I'd like share this article with you...Marketing, design, accessibility and user experience are all important contributors to a site's success.

After I enter my URL www.mornington-motel.com I find some Good / bad points like This website appears to be in violation of the British Disability
    Discrimination Act.

I'd like BV HQ, programs and community but also I need your help how clean this bad points from my site about British Disability Discrimination Act. I am so new in your great BV family.

You can test your site here www.sitescore.silktide.com

Thanks BV and all members for your support God Bless You All!

Regards,

Zlatko
    Mornington, Australia
    www.mornington-motel.com
    www.mercataworld.com
    www.marradonconstructions.com
    www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Re: How Your Site Rates?

Interesting,
    Google and Yahoo are experimenting with websites that will make the internet available/accessible to the handicap or people with disabilities. Examples are options for larger text, voice activated controls and even braille keyboards to help identify named images. Pretty cool technology.

As to the legalities, if this is a concern, consult a lawyer.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

i dont think this is against the law tio be honest i think this is more of an advertising stunt than anything to promote the british disc .... etc so i cant see how it can be illegal or enforced as there is millions of websites exactly the same as for needing biger text etc windows xp has voice and magnifier etc so use win xp extras
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

I'm not familiar with the British specialties - I do know that what you do and some options you use to build your website will make a difference on how well they fit into these patterns. Like - did you use the alt tags on ALL your pictures? If not, that alone would make your website not conform.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello Bill, Allstarfaces and Beth thanks for your response. Beth I didn’t not use alt tags because I just learn about design my background is telecommunications can you give me some idea about alt tags for photos.

Regards,

Zlatko
          www.mornington-motel.com
          www.mercataworld.com
          www.marradonconstructions.com
          www.ekm-inspirationalmusic.com

Comment

The idea behind tag on images-for handicapped- is that computers can translate to braille keyboards so sight impaired, not only the blind, can identify what is on the page. Let's say you are describing your beaches and have a picture of a sunset, they will then know that the site has a picture and not a blank space.

Personally it tells me something about the place. Doesn't have to be long, one word "sunset" is enough.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
            X