No announcement yet.

Domain Name / Saving Pages Problem ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Name / Saving Pages Problem ....

Ok .... here's the run-down on what's good/what's not:

1) Image Problem - FIXED! Got this one under Control (thanks for all the help on this by the way!!)

2) Registered / Paid BV for the domain advanced-equipment.com, but need to somehow change that to what boss wants which is haydell.com now. Do I need money to do this? How do I contact BV to tell them to "forget the old idea of www.advanced-equipment.com and fix me up for www.haydell.com??

3) Since www.haydell.com was just purchased for the DOMAIN NAME, I believe that once I get BV to show THIS as my chosen domain, once I publish and build the site, I should see it up on the web and all because nothing was ever "built" under the haydell.com name - all we did apparently was purchase the domain name from register.com, that was all. Just the domain name. So once I register with BV as this name, shouldn't it just "show up" on the internet when/as I'm building it?? I just have to get BV to somehow change this and I don't know how to do that.

4) Can't get my pages to save all together as ONE. I saved my index page, and did "SAVE AS" and then typed the word "index" and it saved properly. However, when creating all the ADDITIONAL PAGES to the ONE SITE, it doesn't save them as "attached to index" -- it saves them all separately and I thought I remembered when doing this LAST time, that it saved all pages under the INDEX so that when I opened my index page, all the others tabs showed at the top also and I could work on all pages as one in a way. Does that make sense?? Somehow this is NOT working this way and I'm having to literally OPEN all pages separately, and when I close them - and try to reopen the index again to continue working on my "pageS" -- it only opens my INDEX page and not the others, I have to manually open all the others to work on them. BUT, THEY DO HAVE THAT LITTLE BV ICON BY THEIR NAMES, so maybe I'm WRONG in that they were all saved together under ONE NAME .... so this might just be ME and this is all correct??

Ok, I think I've hit all I need to here -- this might be easier. I'm just going to continue on with this ONE thread and wish I could DELETE the other so it's not so confusing, I'm SO SORRY that I did this "thread thing" wrong. Please accept my apologies for confusing you all .....

Katie

Re: Domain Name / Saving Pages Problem ....

Hi Katie,

I thought I explained this to you in the other thread ..about the old domain name ?.....forget about it ..i'm afraid your stuck with it now ...like a new pair of ***** that dont fit ...stick em in the cupboard and forget about them lol .....concentrate on your new domain...haydell.com

Before you do anything else you need to point haydell.com to the vodahost servers ....I gave you the tutorial in the other thread to folllow....best to get that done first... sooner you can do that the better as it can take up to 72hrs for the changes to happen.......then you can publish....

You cant save your pages together......all pages save separately...so yes you have that right.
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Ok, I'm good on the pages then ....

and yes - you sort of explained this about the haydell.com, but I can forget about it, I just need to know how to tell BV that the one I NEED is www.haydell.com

How do I tell BLUEVODA that I want it to be haydell.com, instead of the old one, because i want to be able to use the haydell one.

also, I don't need to point anything anywhere because there is NO WEBSITE under this haydell.com. He only PURCHASED THE DOMAIN NAME from register.com, that's all -- what I NEED is for BLUEVODA to recognize that this is the one I want to use and not the one I signed up for ....

So that's why I asked this again. To see if I could get someone to help me on how to change this with bluevoda so that sheet with the domain names and dns numbers and all that can show HAYDELL.COM and NOT the ADVANCED-EQUIPMENT.COM

Do I need to contact BV? By Phone or what? I have to change it with THEM, because register.com says they are not even hosting it, that the name was just purchased through them and that I'm free to use that name and build wherever I want to, that they have nothing to do with that part of it -- so the rest is bv .....??

Katie

Comment

Originally posted by katieC
        Ok, I'm good on the pages then ....

and yes - you sort of explained this about the haydell.com, but I can forget about it, I just need to know how to tell BV that the one I NEED is www.haydell.com

How do I tell BLUEVODA that I want it to be haydell.com, instead of the old one, because i want to be able to use the haydell one.

also, I don't need to point anything anywhere because there is NO WEBSITE under this haydell.com. He only PURCHASED THE DOMAIN NAME from register.com, that's all -- what I NEED is for BLUEVODA to recognize that this is the one I want to use and not the one I signed up for ....

So that's why I asked this again. To see if I could get someone to help me on how to change this with bluevoda so that sheet with the domain names and dns numbers and all that can show HAYDELL.COM and NOT the ADVANCED-EQUIPMENT.COM

Do I need to contact BV? By Phone or what? I have to change it with THEM, because register.com says they are not even hosting it, that the name was just purchased through them and that I'm free to use that name and build wherever I want to, that they have nothing to do with that part of it -- so the rest is bv .....??

Katie
        Katie, PLEASE read Lincslady's posts again. YES you do have to point your domain to the VodaHost servers. This is something that you have to do, not VodaHost. Everything she has told you is correct. You need to watch this tutorial which will guide you through what you have to do at Register.com in order to point your DNS correctly. http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/dns/dns_register.htm

Until you do this you will be unable to publish your pages to the desired domain.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yep, got the post --- I'll try to call register.com again and tell them that apparently they are the ones who have to do this. I called them twice already and they told me that vodahost was the one that had to do this for me, or that I had to pay for a whole other account to request the name www.haydell.com as my "requested domain name" because had I done that in the beginning when I registered, none of this would be a problem right now ..... but i'll call them again and ask to speak to a third person or something and see if that works.

Thanks - I've got the post printed so I don't lose it or anything, was just told three times by register.com that they can't help me and I can't get into the control panel without the username and password - which my boss has lost. Unfortunately, making this even harder for me ..... but thank you for your comment.

KatieC.

Comment

Hi Katie,

Register.com dont have to do anything, its you who changes the DNS...all you want from Register.com is your .username and password ....then you do the rest and you will be sorted. :o)

How to Center your page

Comment

Hi Lincslady ....

I just got them to call my office tomorrow to "verify" that I'm who I say I am, and they will give me my username and password tomorrow (well it's 2:30am here so I guess it is TODAY!!) .... via email. The problem is there, that they keep telling me that because we only "purchased the domain name, that there is nothing to transfer, we only purchased the domain so that once I start to set up the website for this domain, if I had registered and told VODAHOST that this was the name I wanted to use, it should be that easy" <------------ this is what they keep saying.

So once I get the username and password in the morning here -- I guess I'll have one big project in front of me on how to actually go in and point this name to vodahost?? I really don't know much about this -- I've watched the tutorials for it but still foreign to me ..... so I hope this works.

Once I've done this supposed transfer or change, logging into my control panel and changing the dns numbers myself to point to VodaHost (is there a main dns number that this account needs to point to??) ---- then there should be nothing left to do right? The numbers will point to vodahost servers (I'm guessing?) and then boom, we're done??!

Or is there something else I need to do with VodaHost after that regarding this domain pointing in the right direction??

If you can help me with this, that would be great .... Thanks again for the information ..... I'm always appreciative.
              K
              KatieC.

Comment

Hi Katie,

Yes it would have been easy if you registered that domain name with Voda ....but you didnt ....and its really not that big a problem ...honest ... you'll see.

You know a lot of us buy domain names elsewhere...then point them to Voda ....myself I have bought domain names from 3 different places.

Once you have your user name and password from register .com..it will be a piece of cake!

I was horrified when someone told me I had to do this with my domain names ."change your DNS to vodahost servers"....DNS?? servers?? what are they all talking about!!!!......lol ..but once I sat down and watched the tutorial and read some posts it was actually very easy. ..I kept the tutorial open while I did it to so that I could keep going back to it.

When I did it I thought....is that it? ...well that was easy lol...so your not alone :o)

Make it easier by printing off your Welcome Email from Vodahost and keeping it in front of you to refer to and open up the tutorial video and keep going back to it when and if you need to .....thats what I did anyway.

Once you have done this ... your all set to go! ...might have to wait a day or 2 for propagation...then you can publish...www.hydell.com....done! ;o)

How to Center your page

Comment

well said
                  The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                  Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Wow, that made me feel a lot better. I printed the welcome letter with all of my information on it -- and I'll have it right here, then I'll watch the tutorial again - and leave that open like you did -- and I'll go into my control panel at register.com and see what magic I can pull there and then I guess I will see from there what I have to do with VodaHost and take that on also ...

Thanks so much for your help --- you are a sweet person, you've helped me a lot here (you all have!) and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it. I'll be back from the office with my username and password about 12pm my time here and I'll start it then the minute I walk in the door and sit down to continue my "web page work" ------

Thanks Again -- I'll let you know how it worked out!!

Katie

Comment

Working...
                    X