Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB Forum installation in Sub Domain

Hello All,
    I have looked at the tutorial and i am almost ready to have a go at installing a forum into a new sub domain I created specifically for my local Neighbourhood watch scheme can this be done and any pointers Please
    Live your life so that when your children think of Honesty, Integrity, and Truth, They think of you

Re: PHPBB Forum installation in Sub Domain

You should precisely duplicate the Tutorials, which will detail all the steps necessary to properly install and configure your new Forum.
    Don't rush, nor assume familiarity with any process, for that is exactly how the all-important minutia gets overlooked and results in not just yourself but your Vodapeers pulling out hair trying to figure out what went wrong! LOL

Before actually installing the Forum, have your Template pre-chosen, and pictured in your mind: it's more productive to envision the final product, as seeing measurable progress through the steps proves more satisfying. During the template selection (if opted), you will have the opportunity to experiment with a demo, and to find any particular MOD's that might interest you. Having everything pre-arranged cannot be emphasized enough!

The process is pretty much simplified in Fantastico! and most of the difficulties arise due to poor pre-planing on the Template side: there ARE certain areas that can be customized, but only to a certain degree.....this is why the selection of a complimentary template beforehand is so important.

In any event, you can always post your requests in the "Build Your Own Forum" area of VodaTalk to get the specific assistance you seek (the General Support area is less focused!) LOL

Tutorials

You may also wish to visit your User CP here at VodaTalk to update your signature to include your website URL....invariably your technical questions regarding your Forum will be much easier to address if we can see what the issues are without delay! And, it helps to add SE metrics to your site having your URL in Forum posts....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

There are some good posts under phpbb on the search area & racefan20 has got some good posts about phpbb.

Good luck

Chris
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, to vasili and Collectors info,

Thanks for very promt replies I will take on board both your advice and instructions I'm off to choose a template that suits and go over the tutorials again over the weekend unfortunately My time is limited due to major electrical installation sat-sun as for my signature I have two fantastic daughters and when i saw that quote on a seminar ppt slide it rang true to me.

Chris.
        Live your life so that when your children think of Honesty, Integrity, and Truth, They think of you

Comment

Working...
        X