phpBB skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB skins

Hi everyone, I have not yet created a VodaHost account but I would like to know the answer to a question:

I understand that the phpBB message board skin can be changed to a skin from VodaHostTemplates.com, but can the skin also be changed to a free skin from the phpBB.com website?

And can I also use the free hacks, styles and phpBB extras on my phpBB message board?

Many thanks for any help.

Langlois.

Re: phpBB skins

Also, can I have more than one forum connected to the same website, and if so, how many can I have?

Comment

(Should be in the "Forums" area, not "General Support")

Yiasou, Langolis!

Malista - You can definitely use one of the "free" skins from phpbb.com and merely switch it out after installing the "SubSilver" version via Fantastico! It is only a matter of swapping a file or two, and then "configuring" the Admin Board to 'default' to your selection. There are installation instructions included with each skin, and I did this also when installing "DAJ_Glass" in my Forum.
      Secondly, when you are browsing thru phpBB.com selection of free skins, you should click on the Demo, and fiddle around with the options and features to see how you like them.....become familiar with them, as this is what you need to see in yours when you are finished. Additionally, many of the comments posted on the Demo's are actual comments from others, and reflect some of the issues about installing, MOD's, and feature tweaks that may apply to your own installation.

> If the free skin has a version ready for installation that already includes some of the MOD's you're interested in, install THAT version, as this will eliminate any problems trying to insert them later. Installing MOD versions is a lot more stable, and produces better results.

Your second question is quite simple: yes, you can have multiple Forums installed into a VH account and associated with a single website: since they are installed into a "directory" that is created during the process in the Fantastico! area of your cPanel, you need only name the appropriately so you can properly link to them......this is one of the best reasons to have a BV-created "front-end" to serve as a "landing" and direct traffic that way.

Hopefully, this answer is simple enough to understand clearly, but if you do experience difficulty, post your issue in the "Forums" area and we'll try to provide a prompt solution!

Parakalo!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Moved to forum section

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, I havent been here in the forums in a couple of weeks but I have a question about the skins. Please note that I am still new to this and I am trying to get my forums looking really unique and nice without the cost. Please explain more detailed as to how i can put the free skin from phpbb website to my blue voda site

Thanku
          ~ Pricelessbeauti
          "Why try hard to fit in....When you were born to stand out!"
          www.pricelessbeauti.com

Comment

Working...
          X