Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem / Question ....

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to this great website builder and you all, I'm happily on my way to building my website -- however there is one thing I'm stuck on at the moment ...

When I signed up, I asked for the already purchased through abc.com name www.advanced-equipment.com .... and now that it's been a week of me working on this site, I realize that I need to change that to www.haydell.com which is ANOTHER already purchased name through abc.com.

Now, what I did was get the username and password and go into control panel there at register.com, and pointed the dns numbers to the vodahost dns numbers, and unlocked the thing so that changes can be made to it, and closed out. It's now showing ME as the PRIMARY ADMINISTRATIVE PERSON and also showing the vodahost dns numbers that I changed. Which is great ....

Now that I've done that, and also republished my pages (Index and all) under the name www.haydell.com, do I need to go into bluevoda somewhere and add/change or anything to make bluevoda understand that this OTHER domain name is the one pointing to it and the one I want to use? Like "add subdomain" or something?? And I've watched the tutorials on this, I'm just not sure of which part I need to go into if any -- to add this NEW domain to my account.

The reason I'm asking this, is that ONE person told me to go into "addon domains" which was very hard to do and hard to understand what to change, and ANOTHER SECOND person told me to just go into SUBdomain page in control panel and change THAT part ......???? Yet a THIRD person told me I didn't need to do anything at all, that once I transferred the numbers (dns) to the vodahost servers, that was all I needed to do??

I'm afraid I'm not doing this right .... can someone help me with this??

Thanks guys ..... as always,
    KatieC

PS--- or do I need to do some transfer order?? I watched THAT tutorial also?? What I need, is for when I publish pages, and use vodahost, for it to be the WWW.HAYDELL.COM domain, not the other one that I registered with ..... does that make sense??

Re: Problem / Question ....

Yes, after you update your name servers at the other place, you must
    add the domain name as a add-on in your control panel, it is very easy to
    do. Please click the below....

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, yep I watched that tutorial about 4 times, so I've got that one down pat - I wanted to say also, that I just opened a ticket and they FIXED my MAIN DOMAIN to haydell.com

Because they fixed this for me, do I still need to go in and do an "addon domain"???? I opened this ticket yesterday because I had no idea what I was doing at the time getting different ways from all different people, so they just sent me an email and said that they changed my "MAIN DOMAIN" to www.haydell.com --

So now that's done, and they told me that my username/password still remains the same for the CPanel, do we even NEED to go and add anything or does this change mean that it's just like I registered at FIRST with the domain www.haydell.com ???

Thanks -- this last question should be the "end all" of questions with this, THANK GOD ......he he he.

KatieC

Comment

The last part of my answer to your original question was that the alternative was to put in a support ticket which I see you have done.

Now that your account has been set to exactly what you wanted then there is no need to do anything futher..............

I can now see your site ok..........

have fun
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

you can see my site?? My GOSH I haven't even seen my site -- did you type in the URL?? It wasn't working when I did it ....??

I'm going to try it again --

Thanks again for your advice --

KatieC

Comment

Yep, sure can see your site using this url: www.haydell.com

Now nget to work and lets see something good........only joking.

have fun
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
            X