Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Emails ....

Hi All ---

I'm wondering on setting up the emails at our office (3 people total) using OUTLOOK there.

Since I purchased the vodahost account, and have the domain www.haydell.com, can I just go now and set up everyone's email addresses to brenda@haydell.com, and roxanne@haydell.com and mine??

How do I do this properly and do I have to wait until I do something here with vodahost in the CPanel??

I've watched the tutorials and know that I have to set them up with CPanel first -- after I set up the three people's emails in CPanel, can we begin using them immediately or do I have to have my website up and running first?? And is there a limit on how many emails I can set up for our office??

Thanks,
    Katie

Re: Brand New Emails ....

KatieC,

Yes you can create e-mails as you stated (brenda@haydell.com) and you would do this AFTER you have created your add-on domain in Cpanel.

Here is a link on how to do that:
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...rol-panel.html

You can create as many as you need fo your business.

The link at the top of this e-mail section on the forum has ample instruction on setting everything up in outlook.

Yes- you can use them immediately once created. Choose either the Horde or Squirell mail (one of the two that are listed in the web mail) to use for reading and sending e-mails. To access this web mail, simply put webmail at the end of your URL. For example;
    http:// www.haydell.com/webmail
    This will open a login window. To login, each user will have to enter their user name which is their ENTIRE email address (brenda@haydell.com)
    and then the password (what ever password you gave them). This will open the web mail in c-panel and they can then choose either the horde or squirell mail to read/send mail

Give it a go- it's pretty easy.

Cheers,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

We're using only "outlook" in the office, isn't that ok to use also??

Katie

Comment

Sure-

Create a mail account in outlook to get all e-mails sent to brenda@haydell.com

The link at the top of this thread will explain how to set that up.

You see- the brenda@haydell.com is created in BV Cpanel. You could not create that in outlook. You must first create it in BV and then instruct outlook to "grab" all e-mails sent to brenda@haydell.com

Cheers,

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Yep, I'm doing exactly that right now but getting a HUGE error message, it's getting hung up and says it's "receiving fine" but not sending, there's something wrong with the smtp server -- it's not working and I've done everything EXACT and right and checked it through a couple of times.

Task’mail.haydell.com – sending reported error (ox80042109): ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing smtp email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP).’

Comment

Just a thought- but try entering your orignal domain name that you initially set with the account. POP3 = mail.blahblahblah.com as well as SMTP= mail.blahblahblah.com (can't remember what the original name was) then in the user name type in the user name (brenda@haydell.com) and the password that you created for the email account to your add-on domain.

My thoughts- the cpanel is set to the original domain name of the account. Add-on domains do not have a seperate cpanel. Logging in- it should find the appropriate folders/email accounts.

Andy

**Sorry not to much help- but I don't use outlook.
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

That's ok ....

but the people at VodaHost changed my MAIN domain to what I needed it set at, the www.haydell.com

so it should be working with what they set it at .... I'm going to open another support ticket because they may not have changed that, although it DOES say in my CPanel that it's haydell.com

i'm going to open a ticket because it's just not working with ANY of the email programs ...

thanks
              katiec.

Comment

Please click and read the below very carefully...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, I've read the whole post .... called to see if port 25 was blocked, it is not. Did the IP lookup, we're all green and white on there ..... and watched the tutorial about a DOZEN times and KNOW that I set this up right, I've tried to set up in OUTLOOK 2003 and OUTLOOK EXPRESS and BOTH get the SAME error messages. I've opened a ticket and seems to be taking them a long time to answer on this one, but I've got people from the office that are calling me that can't get into their emails .... same error message, ever since voda switched my MAIN DOMAIN to www.haydell.com, it's been hell trying to get the emails to work?? Any suggestions now? I'm not sure what's taking so long on the ticket but if they just duplicate the problem I'm sure on their end, they'll see what I'm talking about??

KatieC

Comment

PS ...
                    I just called the ISP again to make sure that they are not blocking the port - this second person told me for sure that they are NOT blocking port 25 OR any other port for that matter -- I've checked the IP idea and that is all fine, the only thing left is something on Voda's end that must be wrong - I can't get any message on my open ticket as to what is going on .... it's ticket number GAX-861204 ..... is there anything that anyone can do? These are being used in our office and the boss, and three other people cannot get to their emails?? It's kind of an urgent matter I'd think ...??

Comment

Hi KatieC

I had the same problems with my outlook express, if you are still on line maybe I could be of assistance.

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/

Comment

Once you get the names in the cpanel for webmail addons. Make sure you remember each password for each addons.

Open Outlook Express
                        Click on Tools
                        accounts
                        properties

under general tab
                        mail account
                        .....mail.haydell.com
                        name
                        .....Brenda
                        E-mail address
                        .....Brenda@haydell.com
                        check mark- include this account when receiving mail etc..

Comment

Hey there ... yep, I'm still online, and while I was posting the "ticket" - I noticed something that wasn't posted here ..... looky here ... I found my answer!!! haha, it's great, they have these "frequently asked questions/databases" while you're getting ready to post a ticket and here's what this one said ... so I tried it, and IT WORKED, although my ISP said they were NOT blocking anything, I still thought, "well it can't hurt to try it" and now I'm sending and receiving mail JUST FINE!! This is for if your ABLE TO RECEIVE, but not able to send ..... it says:

If you can receive mail but aren't able to send this means one thing.....

Your internet provider is blocking you from using anyone's outgoing mail servers but their own. Many major ISP's are blocking outgoing emails. The reason they do this is to prevent you from using their internet connection for spamming purposes. You will still be able to send emails, but only by using your ISP'S outgoing mail server. Every ISP's outgoing mail address is different, but for the most part they will be mail.yourispname.com For example, if you had hosting with AOL.com, their outgoing mail server would look like this: mail.aol.com If mail.yourisp.com does not work and you are still unable to send emails, you will need to call your internet service provider to find out what their outgoing mail server is.

Comment

OK, do you have it sending and receiving now? Or do you want me to post now, what I was going to?
                            They too, my isp said I was spamming, found out I didn't have the right settings. Post back.
                            Bird

Comment

Open Outlook Express again and make these settings

under servers
                              my incoming mail server is POP3
                              incoming mail (POP3) mail.haydell.com
                              outgoing mail (SMPT) mail.aol.com example

incoming mail server
                              account name Brenda@haydell.com
                              password what you created in addon under Brenda
                              check mark remember password
                              check mark my server requires authentication

click on Settings
                              check mark Log on using
                              account name your account name set up by your isp for receiving mail
                              password your password you use to receive your email from your isp
                              check mark Log on using Secure Password Authentication
                              Click OK

then on the Advanced tab
                              check mark leave a copy of messages on server

in the cpanel settings for your account you can set up how many days you want to leave on VodaHost server
                              Also, if you change your password in the cpanel addon, you must also change it in the outlook express settings.

Hope this helps anyone that may have problems.
                              Bird

Comment

Working...
                              X