A bit of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of help

Ok guys, my account was approved, and got all my details in my email box. When i tried to publish my page via ftp, the ip adresses that came up as an option do not match my ip i received in my email. I noticed it said " temp IP", how long is temp? and when do i get notified of the perm ip?

do you need my url to my site?

Re: A bit of help

Hi, I may be wrong but are you using BV? to make your site or another type of software. ?? As BV will only publish via the publish button & not through FTP.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Just download BV again, The IP should now appear.
      Like Collectors said above, use the BV menu Publish button.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Click the below to download and install the latest version of BlueVoda...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok guys, here is what i got.

when i clicked on the html part

http://www.greekplanet.org/greekplanet.html, thats my site and what i created, but how do i get the same to work on www.greekplanet.org?

Comment

Open up 'greekplanet' in
            Blue Voda

Save it as: index

Open 'index'

Select the 'publish' icon at the top of the page

when someone visits 'www.greekplanet.org', you need to have
            the first page file name as 'index'. When you save your page as
            index, do not put .html on it. just index , save, publish. Blue Voda
            will convert it to html automatically.
            Brad Arnold.......
            www.baldwincomusic.com
            www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
            !Free Search Engine Submission!
            Talking Avatar for your web site!
            Free sound editor
            Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

let me try and will get back to you :)

Comment

too easy, thanks guys.

Now i have another 2 questions for you, one is something that i prob have overlooked.

When you click on my tabs,a new page opens up, i prefer not too and open new tab in existing page. Any ideas?

Second question is now im ready for sub domains, ive made a page dedicated to greeksoccer, where would i upload it? what name would i call it? would it be something like www.greekplanet.org/soccer or www.soccer/greekplanet.org?

Comment

if it is a subdomain, you publish in "public_html/soccer" . The links to the soccer pages can be either http://www.soccer.greekplanet.org/page.html OR
                  http://www.greekplanet.org/soccer/page.html
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

so i have to make a new subdirectory in the ftp?

Comment

ok guys, i made a new page. its a subdomain, which is soccer.

What do i call it?

when i made the main page, i called it "index"

And where would i upload it to? Public_html?

Comment

When you create a subdomain through CP, the folder is automatically created. That is so, if you do create a subdomain, so it will be accessible from the internet as " www.soccer.greekplanet.org ". If you only create a subfolder, it will not be directly accessible. This new index page has to be published in your "public_html/soccer" in both cases.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok, added a subdomain, called it soccer.

called the page i made "index2" because "index" is my main page.

Uploaded via ftp as per usual.

and got this http://www.soccer.greekplanet.org/

i know it must be something simple that i have overlooked.

would i have to called the "index" something else now and make "index2" index, so everytime i upload a new page for a subdomain, it has to called index or it wont work?

Comment

yes, guys, worked it out, all files uploaded have to be called index, then once uploaded, i rename them to other names.I fi need to edit a subdomain, irename it index and upload.

Guys, thanks for the help.

Comment

No, you don't have to rename anything. Create a folder in your computer also, name it "soccer" (as the subdomain) and create and save the "index" page in this folder. So it won't get mixed with your main index. Publish it in "soccer" directly as index.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X