Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving My Site

Hi
    Should I be saving my website design as I progress on a cd or something. Is this something that i need to be doing.

Thanks Alot
    David H
    Have Fun, Be Safe :
    Self Defense Products
    Hidden Cameras

Re: Saving My Site

Hello David..

That really depends on how certain your computer will not crash and lose your work. If your question relates to recovering you website pages, there are ways in which you are able to do so.. To be on the safe side, why not do both, save your work on CD's but also remember that your images and templates can be recovered from the server.

As I always tell people, the server is just another computer, your work is saved on it and you do have access to it to copy, add, delete and maintain whatever you want. Log in CPanel and into the 'File Manager' see what you can do with these files and try it out. There are also ways of duplicating or moving your files from the server onto your computer using File Transfer Protocols.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks,
      But Im not sign up with Voda host yet , so I dont think I have a CPanel yet. Still in the process of makeing my site.

David H
      Have Fun, Be Safe :
      Self Defense Products
      Hidden Cameras

Comment

I am sure that saving your work will be a good idea, but once your website is being designed, it's always a good idea to publish the pages you complete to get some feed back.. also, if you run into problems, it is difficult to give you a fix without looking at the page, so it would be a good idea to consider creating the account now and publishing your work as you progress.. Remeber, you can use BV to publish to VH with one click.
        Cheers.

Comment

Your work will be saved on your computer until you are ready to publish. You can preview without publishing. And always make backups.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

good ideas
            thank you
            Have Fun, Be Safe :
            Self Defense Products
            Hidden Cameras