Problems with Ror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Ror

I use ror sitemap generator, I have never had a problem with it till now.

My site contain over 300 url's, but when I instruct ror to spider the site and collect all of the url's it only comes up with 12.

Now, my site has a sitemap with every page on it so I can't understand why it isn't finding them all?

Anyone know what might be causing this?
    Ash Whitehair

Re: Problems with Ror

Ok, nobody wanted to help me with that one! Never mind.

Another question, if anybody knows the answer...

I've tried a different sitemap generator, but this time instead of coming up with just 12 Url's its coming up with hundreads...mainly from my forum. Anybody know why this is?

Its really weird because it even coming up pages that arn't even linked to my site.

Please, please, please does anybody know whats wrong???
    Ash Whitehair

Comment

Originally posted by ash.whitehair
      I use ror sitemap generator, I have never had a problem with it till now.

My site contain over 300 url's, but when I instruct ror to spider the site and collect all of the url's it only comes up with 12.

Now, my site has a sitemap with every page on it so I can't understand why it isn't finding them all?

Anyone know what might be causing this?
      ROR cannot follow links in menu bars or nav bars. When you ger ROR to spider your site, in the URL field, give it the URL of your sitemap page. Since those are text links, it will find at least those.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by ash.whitehair
        Ok, nobody wanted to help me with that one! Never mind.

Another question, if anybody knows the answer...

I've tried a different sitemap generator, but this time instead of coming up with just 12 Url's its coming up with hundreads...mainly from my forum. Anybody know why this is?

Its really weird because it even coming up pages that arn't even linked to my site.

Please, please, please does anybody know whats wrong???
        Some generators will spider all your pages. If you have a forum or a gallery they will even inlude single links inside the forum or the gallery. Usually, they are able to "group" those links under a unique folder (i mean that all forum links are under a "forum links" folder) and you are able to manually exclude some or all of them.

I can't answer abour pages from other sites: it shouldn't follow external links.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X