shopping cart question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shopping cart question

I am going to start a new website and I have looked at so many sitebuilder programs - my head is swimming. Can you tell me on this one when the site and shopping cart are set up can you automatically send orders from the cart directly to your dropship vendors. I really don't want to send orders manually - I would love everything to be automated.

Anything is possible, waht kind of API does your dropship vendor use.
    How does he accept orders?
    Last edited by VodaHost; 08-19-2005, 05:49 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am not sure what API is - what I do know is that orders for a particular product go to a particular vendor via email. My current site has many products and many vendors and when one product is ordered, the pertinent order information goes to that vendor only. On this site that I want to create, to start I will only have one vendor, but I want that vendor to get an order notification (with all the pertinent shipping information) automatically. I also want to make sure that if in the future if I add other vendors to this site they too can get the order automatically. I also want to make sure that that feature - sends the right order to the right vendor.

Gosh I hope this make sense, but this is one of the most important features I am looking for - I don't want to be tied to my computer all day sending orders to factories, I want them to receive the order whether I am in the office or on vacation or sick or whatever.

By the way thank you for trying to help me find this answer.

Julie

Originally posted by VodaHost
      Anyhing is possible, waht kind of API does your dropship vendor use.
      How does he accept orders?

Comment

Short for Application Program Interface, API is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications. A good API makes it easier to develop a program by providing all the building blocks. A programmer puts the blocks together. Most operating environments, such as MS-Windows, provide an API so that programmers can write applications consistent with the operating environment. Although APIs are designed for programmers, they are ultimately good for users because they guarantee that all programs using a common API will have similar interfaces. This makes it easier for users to learn new programs.
        ::Steven.H::

Comment

You still need to find out how your dropship company accepts automated orders.
          I'm sure you will not be a slave to your computer at first. You can proccess orders
          once or twice a day. We offer oscommerce as a shopiing cart. Very high satisfaction
          rating. Oscommerce is one of the best ones around.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Shopping Cart

Does a shopping cart and ordering facilities automatically come with the set up on Voda Host? What type of paument does it allow and how is it process? How would I receive payment of a product purchased?

Comment

In your control panel panel...

Click fanatastico ( Big Blue Smily Face) Bottom of page.

Here you will find oscommerce. it is completely self installing and is free
              as part of your web hosting package. You can proccess any type of
              cc payment.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, I have a question concerning the osCommerce shopping cart..
                I have looked at the on line help files but not found them to be very useful for someone just starting out. I did some searching and found a place selling a manual that also contains extra CRE, My question is do you provide it with the hosting account... here it is incase you don't know what I'm talking about.
                COMPLETE INSTALLATION or UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS
                FOR CRE LOADED 6.1x OSCOMMERCE

With these CRE Loaded 6.15 PRE-INSTALLED ADD-ON CONTRIBUTIONS you can :
                • Easily set up Meta Tags to attract Search Engines
                • Upload dozens, hundreds or even thousands of products at once with EasyPopulate
                • Get your store listed with FROOGLE Product Search Engine
                • Offer Specials, Volume Discounts
                • Take orders by phone and add them to your stores database
                • Accept banner advertising
                • Non-Profit sites can accept Donations
                • Establish an Affiliate Program, have dozens of others sell your products for a commission!
                • Manage Content: Use easy HTML Editor to edit Home, FAQ's, NewsDesk, Information Pages, and create new pages
                • Give Discounts and Coupons
                • Change the look and feel of your site with a click of a Template!
                • Exchange links with other websites automatically
                • Customers can purchase without creating an account
                • Automatic password protection for your Admin
                • Suggest related items: Customers who bought this also bought that
                • Get monthly revenue and sales tax reports, save to spreadsheet
                • Control product downloads
                • Make extra $$ with Google AdSense ads
                • Let customers view multiple product pictures and views
                • Customers can have Wish Lists
                • Manage Email campaigns, newsletters, use photos and special fonts
                • Automatic install of credit card payments
                • Customers can choose FedEx, UPS, USPS, more.
                As you can see from this list there are plenty of useful extra's

Also do you have any Video tutorials on how to customize the shopping cart?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by stkeys
                  Hi, I have a question concerning the osCommerce shopping cart..
                  I have looked at the on line help files but not found them to be very useful for someone just starting out. I did some searching and found a place selling a manual that also contains extra CRE, My question is do you provide it with the hosting account... here it is incase you don't know what I'm talking about.
                  COMPLETE INSTALLATION or UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS
                  FOR CRE LOADED 6.1x OSCOMMERCE

With these CRE Loaded 6.15 PRE-INSTALLED ADD-ON CONTRIBUTIONS you can :
                  • Easily set up Meta Tags to attract Search Engines
                  • Upload dozens, hundreds or even thousands of products at once with EasyPopulate
                  • Get your store listed with FROOGLE Product Search Engine
                  • Offer Specials, Volume Discounts
                  • Take orders by phone and add them to your stores database
                  • Accept banner advertising
                  • Non-Profit sites can accept Donations
                  • Establish an Affiliate Program, have dozens of others sell your products for a commission!
                  • Manage Content: Use easy HTML Editor to edit Home, FAQ's, NewsDesk, Information Pages, and create new pages
                  • Give Discounts and Coupons
                  • Change the look and feel of your site with a click of a Template!
                  • Exchange links with other websites automatically
                  • Customers can purchase without creating an account
                  • Automatic password protection for your Admin
                  • Suggest related items: Customers who bought this also bought that
                  • Get monthly revenue and sales tax reports, save to spreadsheet
                  • Control product downloads
                  • Make extra $$ with Google AdSense ads
                  • Let customers view multiple product pictures and views
                  • Customers can have Wish Lists
                  • Manage Email campaigns, newsletters, use photos and special fonts
                  • Automatic install of credit card payments
                  • Customers can choose FedEx, UPS, USPS, more.
                  As you can see from this list there are plenty of useful extra's

Also do you have any Video tutorials on how to customize the shopping cart?

Thanks,

Yes, Oscommerce comes Pre-loaded in your members control panel and
                  takes about 10 seconds to activate. It is very easy to use. If you are
                  looking for Oscommerce tutorials. Please click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply and the tutorial link.... but that doesn't answer my question about if you already have CRE LOADED 6.1x OSCOMMERCE this has far more functions than the standard osCommerce such as

Easily set up Meta Tags to attract Search Engines
                    Upload dozens, hundreds or even thousands of products at once with EasyPopulate
                    Does your shopping cart come with EasyPopulate installed?
                    and all the rest of the items in the above list?

Or is that something I would have to purchase seperately and install myself?

Regards,

Steve

Comment

We have the latest and most updated version of oScommerce.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X