Thanks Vasili-don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Vasili-don't work

I have cable so connection and window open/on. I've gone thru the turtorials half-dozzen times and re-downloaded/installed program. The message I get when trying to upload template/grahic is "Unexpected file format." Any other thoughts? Thank you, Stephen

Re: Thanks Vasili-don't work

Nope!
    I went to my BV to 'test' it before I gave more stupid erroneous "help" and it worked fine for me.
    Sorry.....maybe try to download BV again to "refresh" (does no harm)??

(Oh....try not to start a new Thread each time....stick to your original thread, as we can all see the new posts. This helps to keep more pertinent threads near the top so everyone can use them without being "pushed down" to make room for new ones unecessarily)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

IF you are trying to upload something into an extenstion it doesn't work in - you will get that - like putting an excel file into word, etc etc - so make sure you are opening it in a program that works on your computer.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

what, how and where are you trying to upload?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

VodaHost, Beth:

First of all, the question changed (the original question in 2 other threads were about why the buttons for Templates and Support in BV weren't working), and it appears that he is trying to "load" his public_html root directory via FTP rather than Publish pages with images/gifs as saved elements of the BV page.

There is a LOT of confusion with regard to using FTP and Publishing in Blue Voda, and it does not go away. This is especilly truer now that we have a self-imposed "preference" for using email Forms (which is promoted everywhere in VodaTalk), and the methods of transferring .php, .txt and other files which require FTP are being seen as "either/or" by BV users, based on the preponderance of mention of FTP alone! (Keeping it in conversation creates the temptation to experiment)

It's almost as if somewhere in the FTP or Forms Tutorials we need to stress that FTP is NOT the way to publish BV and should not be regarded as a simplified "tool" to load the directory with.....this is a prime example of how users "think ahead" and try to cut corners (loading images in the BV Images file, and earlier, loading up a "Saved" BV page rather than Publish it).
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X