Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend wants me to add a website for them on mine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend wants me to add a website for them on mine....

Hello,

I was wondering something. I gave a demonstration talk on how to build web pages and websites using Bluevoda in a Toastmasters meeting as part of my speech projects. Well one of the members started an organization and wanted me to do a website but they asked if I could put it on my web space.

The problem is, I wasn't sure if it was allowed. I told her I would have to ask. The organization she started is a charitable one that helps feed poor people and helps the homeless in the town I'm in as well as other parts of the world. I told her I didn't know if I would be allowed to have her use my space or she would have to use her own or not but I would have to ask.

She would be really lost though in using this program so if she had to use her own space (if she even has a computer at home) I would have to set everything up at her house once she pays the fee to have it go to the Internet. I wasn't sure of the policy of this though.

Terri

www.terrilynnspencer.com

www.terrilynnspencer.com/hydrocephalus

Re: Friend wants me to add a website for them on mine....

VodaHost Terms of Service do allow you to have as many websites and domains in your account, but do not allow reselling (or "renting space" or any other means of renumeration). You have to be careful with this....

Don't presuppose anything, for as you know, Blue Voda and VodaHost Support is quite awesome: if you and I can do it, so can others! The legal aspects of registering a domain, having access to the published website (do you really want to share access to your cPanel and website?) and other issues almost preclude any such entanglements.

It's best to let others establish their own accounts, build their websites, and take the glory for theselves. You could also set yourself up with a VodaGold account (become an Affiliate of VodaHost) and earn a commission for the referral! This way, you can still "guide" others and make sure they are on their way.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok, I'll let them know. I'm not sure if they even have a computer though. I didn't even think to ask them last night unfortunately, but from the sound of it, they didn't know anything about computers at all so I was willing if nothing else to go to their home and just setting it up on their computer, but of course they would have to pay the fee for their own account of course (if they even have a computer).

When they asked if they could just use my site though, I said I didn't know if it could be done but I better ask first.

This Gold Account you are referring to I'm sure cost quite a bit more money and wonder if it would be worth it for me to do. I'm not that techniqually minded to build a ton of websites for people. So far I haven't had a lot of requests for website building anyway. Just that one. This Gold account I don't know if I should look into or not. How expensive is it? I guess should I just wait to look into it if I start getting lots of requests for building websites from people who know nothing about computers?

What do I tell this person if they don't have a computer? Just tell them to go buy one and then allow me to set them up and they buy the account to get them set up on line?

I am building a Toastmaster website but that is through a free program totally seprate from Bluevoda.

Comment

Terri,

If the people that are asking you to help them out with a website don't even have a computer, or access to one, I would simply pass, for this telegraphs you the situation you are looking at with them will be nothing more than one entanglement after another, leaving you with little time or energy to do your own work, let alone risk a relationship!
        LOL

The VodaGold program costs you nothing, and pays you! You simply enroll in "VodaGold" as an "Affiliate" of VodaHost and place some banners, text, or whatever else you think fits your website on your website so when other people click over to VodaHost and sign up, you are paid a commission!
        There is no cost to join, but to earn a commission you have to put some means of referring customers on your website. Take a look at what I did at the bottom of this site of mine. Everytime a client clicks on that button, and decides to sign up with VodaHost, I earn a commission (I think they pay $65 per referral signup at this time). That ain't chicken feed, Missy! LOL

So, like I mentioned earlier, if you were already enrolled as a VodaHost Affiliate (VodaGold), you could simply tell your friends to visit your site and click on that button to learn for themselves how you so easily created your technological wonder!
        >> You can always do it yourself on their behalf, being sure it's credited to your affiliate earnings <<
        They might not sign up right away, but they probably will download Blue Voda and start using it....and you know that they will sign up once they need to publish, right? And, since they are your friends, you can be there to encourage them and remind them to go through your button when it's time.....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X