Shopping cart woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping cart woes

I am in the process of trying to install a shopping cart on my website, but am having no end to my troubles. I have tried Agora cart and Comersus, but their install instructions are WAY over my head and I am having no luck when I try their support teams. Can anyone suggest a good, free cart that is easy to install (I mean easy for someone who is not a computer genius...). I have checked out OS Commerce and Zen Cart, but their format looks to me like it sort of takes over your website. Can they be edited so that the existing look of the website remains, with the only thing being added are the "buy" buttons?? Also, the whole FTP program thing is also confusing me. Am I going to need one of these for any shopping cart I use?? Cute FTP was recommended by one of the cart sites, but it wasn't free. Do I have to buy this program, or are there free ones out there??
    Help, help, help.....

Originally posted by ImagineThat
    I am in the process of trying to install a shopping cart on my website, but am having no end to my troubles. I have tried Agora cart and Comersus, but their install instructions are WAY over my head and I am having no luck when I try their support teams. Can anyone suggest a good, free cart that is easy to install (I mean easy for someone who is not a computer genius...). I have checked out OS Commerce and Zen Cart, but their format looks to me like it sort of takes over your website. Can they be edited so that the existing look of the website remains, with the only thing being added are the "buy" buttons?? Also, the whole FTP program thing is also confusing me. Am I going to need one of these for any shopping cart I use?? Cute FTP was recommended by one of the cart sites, but it wasn't free. Do I have to buy this program, or are there free ones out there??
    Help, help, help.....
    if you look at my website www.chris-watts.com you will notice on the albums and purchase page that i use paypal, if you have an account, you can go to merchant tools and all it is the case of is filling in the details paypal ask and they automatically generate html code that you can paste into the bluevoda software, you can use the html tool and boxs comes up and you can paste the code in and then you can position the code where you want, then you can click the preview button to verify that you are happy with what you have done, then simply publish it.

Comment

Is the Paypal cart free??

Comment

Yes, the PayPal cart is free and most of the time is the best solution (we use it).

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
          Yes, the PayPal cart is free and most of the time is the best solution (we use it).
          I'm now using Romancart. Its as easy as BV, just uses links!

what do you think?

http://www.romancart.com

Deano
          www.nativeskins.co.uk

Comment

looks ok.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X