FTP Deleted my files *how to get back?*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Deleted my files *how to get back?*

im not sure what the heck happend, i was putting new folders in my FTP manager to my forum admin/mods and then i lost all my admin data, every single data file, how did this happen?!?!??!?!?! and is there a bin where all the deleted FTP files go? I installed mods for my forum, it would take many such as 40 hours to reinstall them all and all the settings i have.
    The Forced Cannot Beat the Willing...

Re: FTP Deleted my files *how to get back?*

Submit a Ticket to restore account to your last server-saved archive date.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Submit a Ticket like Vasilli said and your site will be reset to how it was 7 days ago.
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Jeremy....you've got mail!
        (at B&WD)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, will check
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger004
            im not sure what the heck happend, i was putting new folders in my FTP manager to my forum admin/mods and then i lost all my admin data, every single data file, how did this happen?!?!??!?!?! and is there a bin where all the deleted FTP files go? I installed mods for my forum, it would take many such as 40 hours to reinstall them all and all the settings i have.

Just reupload the files. You haven't lost any data, just the files. If you don't have the files, go to phpbb.com and download them.

Don't ask for an account restore, you'll lose any posts or topics that have been added between now and the last backup VH made.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
              Just reupload the files. You haven't lost any data, just the files. If you don't have the files, go to phpbb.com and download them.

Don't ask for an account restore, you'll lose any posts or topics that have been added between now and the last backup VH made.
              Missed the part about you having lots of mods. If you don't have backups of the files on your pc (ALWAYS make backups), you'll have to request a restore as suggested above.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

*looks in amazement*

lots of posts and double posts, LOL

I got my restore, and you know what!?
                I got stuff back i didn't think i would need, such as folders etc. This was good, and for some reason the restore had no effect on the forum, its still the same =/

eh, i got some things back, not sure what happend, i don't really wana use FTP manager anymore. It acted very odd at some times. This picks it all off, i delete something in the mods folder and it deletes everything, i mean everything in admin folder without me highlighting the files or even looking in that folder, i think FTP manager should be looked into because this is very very odd and scary at the same time. I like to upload folders, and the only way to do it is with FTP manager and since it did this, im not sure if i wana use it anymore, it might delete my forum next =/

thanks for the help guys, *I DO* have a backup from last week, i just have to find it....somehow...somewhere =/

anyway, im not sure if FTP manager works right.

Thanks guys

*Comments*
                The Forced Cannot Beat the Willing...

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger004
                  *looks in amazement*

lots of posts and double posts, LOL

I got my restore, and you know what!?
                  I got stuff back i didn't think i would need, such as folders etc. This was good, and for some reason the restore had no effect on the forum, its still the same =/

eh, i got some things back, not sure what happend, i don't really wana use FTP manager anymore. It acted very odd at some times. This picks it all off, i delete something in the mods folder and it deletes everything, i mean everything in admin folder without me highlighting the files or even looking in that folder, i think FTP manager should be looked into because this is very very odd and scary at the same time. I like to upload folders, and the only way to do it is with FTP manager and since it did this, im not sure if i wana use it anymore, it might delete my forum next =/

thanks for the help guys, *I DO* have a backup from last week, i just have to find it....somehow...somewhere =/

anyway, im not sure if FTP manager works right.

Thanks guys

*Comments*
                  Glad you got sorted out. You may want to think about using a standalone FTP program. I use CoreFTP for all my uploading and it works a treat. I have never had any trouble with it and it's FREE!! You can download it from: http://coreftp.com/

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X