Im not savvy and I know it! -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im not savvy and I know it! -

I just found something out yesterday that might help out others like me that go thru their computer experience a bit blind.
    My spybot - well I have used it for years now. but never did anything but scan fix...the simple things...
    I found a wonderful area called tools!...I know - a dah moment...
    Ive been having issues with my start up programs and there it will not only tell you what your start up programs are, but it will give you an explaination of what they are and if they are necessary.
    Im sure there are other programs out there that will do that also, but thats just what I found out and thought it might help others that do use spybot!...

Re: Im not savvy and I know it! -

i love spybot does exactly what it's supposed to and more. Another free one to try would be 'Ewido' which has now just combined with 'AVG'. It finds nasties that other software doesn't and has really powerful tools inside. Highly recommend.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Kassi a better program is Microsoft Defender and its free,
      I used to use spybot too but I still got unwanted software entries in the registry... Windows Defender stopped it all!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

:)

Comment

Hey Sadain! Hows it going?! long time no chit chat!..lol
        Thanks for the address, Ill have a look/see. My son to whom is a bit of knowledge told me that spyware and virus devolopers (god that makes them sound so important...shiver.) make thier terror to purposely 'work' with most virus and spyware protection. That way when you run your protection programs, the malicous ware isnt detected. His thought was that Mcaffe was the worse for that. I myself had aol's 'free' mcaffe, and it never found any viruses or spyware, when I then uninstalled it and used others ... wow, what a wormhole!...lol. nesting like Id invited them!
        A bit off the start up issues, but still useful!
        Good to know your learking out there!

Comment

I dont know about anti-virus companies creating viruses, because first its against the law, and there are Law Inforcement out searching for virus creators tracking where the programs come from... the last time I checked virus news an Oregon Man got 10 years in the Federal Pen for creating a virus.

the undetectable:
          yes, when a virus first hits its undetectable, but anti-virus companies test and search out these viruses once found they find all files included in the virus and destroy them, then offer updates... so keep your security updated.

Comment

no no thats not what I meant...I meant the bad people that create the viruses...not the anti virus co.!

Comment

o,o, I just woke up, you siad Developers... I thought you menat the legit companies... sorry.

yeah, Mirosoft has a thing called Melicious Software remover.... that will do the trick.

And, I am doing great by the way, its raining and muddy outside but I'm doing great besides that.

Comment

lol...not you I have problems explaining what Im trying to say sometimes..lol...
                I have used that...as a matter of fact just saw that there is a new one that was updated as of the 10th of october, better get it..

rainy and muddy better stay inside!.....here its cold and wanting to snow..brrr...and so it begins!...lol

Comment

I like that defender program as well. It is fast and effective, and not annoying..
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Originally posted by kassi59
                    lol...not you I have problems explaining what Im trying to say sometimes..lol...
                    I have used that...as a matter of fact just saw that there is a new one that was updated as of the 10th of october, better get it..

rainy and muddy better stay inside!.....here its cold and wanting to snow..brrr...and so it begins!...lol
                    snow :/ it will be snowing here soon proly,,, lol

I updated last night, strange thing is IE 7.0 was completely removed and reinstalled during the update I was

Comment

I never did get the IE 7.0 Ive pretty much set IE aside after downloading firefox...now thats my main browser..I keep IE to have options of looking at sites thru different browsers but dont use it much..but that sounds real strange....maybe thats how it updates?....lol

Yes liz, defender looks good, but I dont have the updated installer and its a huge program...dont have enough spare room on my old relic...pout.

Comment

Working...
                      X