Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

I have spent about 1000 hours building a database for language students.
    Navigation of over 2500 documents, 1000s of audio files etc, a total of about 9000 files is a problem. I used Frontpage and now have something that works off-line on my computer. It has literally 1000s of hyperlinks. It has a total of nearly 700Mb of content. I need to make the presentation and navigation better. I want to put it on the web. I want to show all the contents and but limit the veiwer to using just some of the content. Then if they are interested they can purchase a CD with all the contents that will run off-line on their computer. (It looks like they are on-line)
    I only have a dial-up connection that runs at max 28.8Kbs. (long story)
    Do I have to be on-line to test anything or get help from BlueVoda?
    Can I get the tutorials downloaded so that I don't have to wait and wait?
    Do I have to sign up and pay something while I am developing the site using BlueVoda?
    I must admit that even though the Frontpage works OK I am at a loss as too how to get going with BlueVoda.
    I would appreciate your comments.
    Many thanks.
    Ian Hill

Re: Is it possible?

Please correct me if I am wrong, I think the above only consists of 3 questions.

Do I have to be on-line to test anything or get help from BlueVoda?
    Yes you have to be online to test and to use this support forum.

Can I get the tutorials downloaded so that I don't have to wait and wait?
    The tutorials are online only, You are very limited what you can do with a 28.8Kbs in life.

Do I have to sign up and pay something while I am developing the site using BlueVoda?
    No, you do not have to pay anything until you are ready to publish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.
      I know the dial-up is a limitation. I've had broadband before.
      I will plug on and see what evolves.
      Bye

Comment

Can import Frontpage HTML into Bluevoda?
        I have a working HTML model that works off-line on my PC.
        Many thanks Ian Hill

Comment

BlueVoda can import HTML files both from your computer and the internet. However, if your files are already HTML, you can simply upload them on the net. If you need to add elements in your pages, it would be better to do it in the same software that you have been using till now.That's because BV will import the html code, but if there are particular pieces of coding, BV will not be able in all cases to import them correctly. When importing in BV, you might need to do some readjustment work. Anyway, you can try it.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the above.
            What does the message below mean?
            I get it when I preview a page in the browser, the link does not work.
            Do I have to be on-line to BV to see if my links work?
            Ian Hill

This link has been disabled.

BlueVoda has generated HTML for the current page only and as a result all internal links are disabled.

To enable these links be sure to publish all referenced pages to your website and specify their absolute URLs in the link properties.

Comment

You are previeing your page. Links will only work after you have published the pages. At the moment, your linked pages only exist on your computer, so BV will not create links between them.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X