Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page changed but URL remained in previous

Hi all,

Got this weird happening since I re-published my entire site with new looks.

Navigating from Index to the next whatever page is fine. Example, from www.mysite.com to www.mysite.com/page1.html the URL in the address bar changes accordingly, that's fine. But when you navigate from www.mysite.com/page1.html to www.mysite.com/anypage.html the URL is fixed at www.mysite.com/page1.html forever. But the pages did change accordingly.

What's worst is all the other pages after www.mysite.com/page1.html will adopt the page length of page1.html. I have pages longer than page1.html and they are amputated from the waist down. This is gross.

HELP!!!!
    (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Re: Page changed but URL remained in previous

Please provide some URLs so we can take a look.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi naval,

Can I email you instead? I don't want to get arrested by se spiders.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

sure. Use myform
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval,

Sent.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, i'll try to explain at my best: what happens is that your pages open in the frame, and not at the Top Window. So, as soon as you open whichever page (not only the About us, but All of them) the next pages, called by the links in your dropdown, open in the frame and not on the top window. You don't change page, you only change the content of the frame in the same page. That's also why the long pages get truncated: they are limited by the frame height.

The frame should only be used for the menubar/header/footer. The content pages should be always called in the top window, and the frame, implemented in each and every page, should take care of placing the menubar / header / footer above the content.

Of course, if you use one i frame, you can have menubar and header, but you cannot have the footer in the same iframe if your pages are not all the same height. You should use at least two i frames for each page, one for header/menubar, and one for the footer.
            Navaldesign

Comment

I see.....OK, now I can see lights at the end of the i-frame.

Appreciate your help very much naval.

Thanks

Comment

You are welcome
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X