User Names & Passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Names & Passwords

Over the 2 months I have been a member of Vodahost I seem to have acquired several user names and passwords, in my efforts to connect with the various sections. I now find that I get confused when entering another section of the Vodahost website, which often look similar, but now have different sign-ons.
    This arose from my concern at the unpronounceable name and password Vodahost setup my account under. I understand the rationale for the name complexity from a security standpoint, but it makes it hard to remember and to keep records.

My domain is onyxdigital.co.nz

My questions are: -
    1) Is the Master username and Password inviolate or is there a place for them to be amended, that I haven't found yet?
    2) Alternatively, how do I make all of the website names and passwords match, and would this be desirable?

Re: User Names & Passwords

Aloha, sorry to let you know this but you are stuck with the user name on your website/control panel. The password can be changed by going into the control panel and click on change password. You have to stay with the same user name (I think) with the forum but you can change the password by submitting a support ticket. I think they might frown on that though. If you do forget your password or it just doesn't work some day, there is a process that happens automatically that allows you to make a new password. I have had nothing but trouble with this process though. I go through the support ticket. They respond fairly quickly. You have to be very clear in your question or request to them though. You'll just have to write them down and tape them to the computer.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Thanks Scubadiver. I thought as much, I guess.
      Tell me is everybody given such a weird name combination or on signing up did I somehow miss the box where I could choose?

Cheers Trevor

Comment

yes, I have had my for a while now and I still don't know it. I have to look it up. I check the box, remember it for me, so that I don't have to type it in every time.
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Originally posted by OakhillTeam
          Thanks Scubadiver. I thought as much, I guess.
          Tell me is everybody given such a weird name combination or on signing up did I somehow miss the box where I could choose?

Cheers Trevor
          You get odd combinations in the password to make it difficult for a hacker to guess. Would you prefer a website with an easy password that is easily hacked, or a more secure password where you don't have to worry about that aspect?

I know what my choice is. LOL
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan20.
            I didn't mean to appear niaive. I was concerned that I may have lumbered myself with a problem through missing something on setup.
            But if that's the way it works then I'm all for it.

Regards T

Comment

there is a program that can track all your
              usernames and passwords for you. It
              will even log you in automatically.

You can download and try it. Then
              purchase the program if you like it.

I like it a lot.

download it here: www.RoboForm.com

Good luck!
              Henry