Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have question

Hi, I am so happy to find this site.
    I just signed up for another hosting site and have had it for about 2weeks and I hate it. Their web builder is terrible. When searching for a web builder I came across blue Voda, I am so frustrated, stressed with my other hosting. I am so sorry that I signed up with the other site and will be changing to your hosting soon.
    My domain name is only 2 weeks and I have to wait for 60 days before I can transfer.
    I cannot afford to pay for two sites at the same time so I will wait.
    Well now to get to my question.
    I am new to all this stuff.
    I have been working on the BV building and love it. but am learning
    What I want to know is When using BV build can it be inter active with
    Soholaunch, what I mean by that is if I am building a Home page, can I add a page to my home page built with Blue Doda and add a page to my home page using Soholaunch. Can they be used together.

Next question Websites per account unlimited.
    Does that mean that you can have another web site but you have to pay for each one, like $95.40 for 1 and $190.80 for two sites.

Thank you I will be looking for an ans.
    Evelyn

Re: Have question

firstly you dont have to wait 60 days to USE the domain name with vodahost you just wait 60 days to transfer it to voda

second yes you can have a b.v front page and then a site built with soho

thirdly it is unlimeted sites for ONE account one fee for as many websites as you can build so you pay 95 then thats it
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thank you for your reply

I have not even used my domain name as yet, because I have had so much trouble making a page.
      I have not published to my site yet.

I can't afford to pay for two sites. I have to wait until I get my money back from the one that I want to quit.

All I have done on the other site is try to make a page.
      By the way I have downloaded BV and have already made a page, it is not quite finished as yet, because I have to do the pages for the links that you click to.
      But that goes to show, BV seems to be very good and easy. so far I love it I have not been stressed or frustrated using it.
      I hate my other server and hate to even work on my site.
      My Domain name is not published as yet, but I have to wait to transfer it.

Evalen

Comment

As mentioned above, you can let your domain name stay where it is now, and merely cancel your "hosting" package, which should be refunded on a pro-rated basis (minor deductions for the days you actually had it up).

Once you set up your account here at VodaHost (just one), you can simply "point" your domain name to VodaHost by making simple DNS changes at your old hosting company to "find" your website at VodaHost.

Once you have your VH account, you can immediately publish your first page you've created in Blue Voda.....and typically from the time it takes you to cancel the hosting package at your old host, set up your VodaHost account, make DNS changes, and Publish your Blue Voda website you can accomplish all of this in under 3-5 working days! *Remember, you can publish unlimited number of websites within your one VodahHost account!
        You can wait to decide if you wish to actually transfer your domain to VodaHost as well, as it is not required to publish your website.....

Welcome to VodaHost!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

*Remember, you can publish unlimited number of websites within your one VodahHost account!

I don't realy understand what that means.
          Are you refering to pages. example (lets say I have a DM name called "My Site" now I publish a index page now unlimited number of websites do you mean something like pages that are connected to MySite like MySite/books and MySite/photos etc.
          Do I publish each page sepereate that is connected to my site. Like publish my index page and then publish connected pages that you click on seperatly published.
          As you can see I am mixed up about unlimited number of websites within your Voda Host account.
          If I publish other sites don't I have to pay something like another Domain name. Can someone explain this in more detail.

Evalen

Comment

Unlimited number of websites meand excactly that.You may have unlimited, independent domains (f.e. www.mysite.com, www.mysecondsite.com etc) and you may also have unlimited subdomains in each one of them, and unlimited pages in each one of them. Very useful for people that have 3, 4 or even more sites, each one related to a different job he might have.
            The only limit is your total disk space, but that's so large (24 Gb!) that you will never fill it all!
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well this forum is very helpful.
              I have been reading so many post and found a lot of answers to questions that I have.
              I did discover about the unlimited sites.
              You only have to pay for the Domain names for your new site.
              I believe that is correct. That would be an extra 19.99 a year for each one. The first one is free the first year and then you pay the domain fee there after.

I love this place. I have been studying a lot.
              By the way I cannot find a way to put a guess book on my site.
              Now I believe that I would find it in the cControl after I become a member, is this correct. or is there a way to put a guess book from BV builder
              program. I am not sure.
              Thanks for all the information.

Evalen soon to be a Voda Hos member.
              I am impressed with your support team, members and also the BV bulider.

Comment

Viper guestbook is available (and autoinstalable) after you sighnup with VH, through Fantastco in your Control Panel
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

First thank you for your reply concerning the guess book.

Now I have another question. Hope I'm not asking to many?

Someone said firstly you dont have to wait 60 days to USE the domain name with vodahost you just wait 60 days to transfer it to voda

Now Please answer this very simple.

Question: How do I do this?

Question: First I have only been on the other host and had my Domain name since Sept 23. about 7 days. My page is not made and my site is not published on the other host. If I sign up with Voda I DONOT want the website I am building on the other hosting. Do I have to have that?

Question: How does this work?

Please, please simple, simple, simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Evalen
                    Question: How do I do this? You enter your CP with the registrar that has registerd your domain, and point the DNS to the ones of your VH account. So you can use the VH account immediately.

Question: First I have only been on the other host and had my Domain name since Sept 23. about 7 days. My page is not made and my site is not published on the other host. If I sign up with Voda I DONOT want the website I am building on the other hosting. Do I have to have that?

No, you don't have to. Also, if you use BlueVoda, you can't . BlueVoda can only publish on VodaHost servers. Owning a domain name doesn't oblige you to build or publish a website, anyway.

Question: How does this work?

Then start building your site. Signup with VH. Go to the other company CP and change the DNS to point to the VH servers (you will get details with your welcome mail). After 60 days you can ask the transfer.
                    Hope this helps
                    Navaldesign

Comment

You enter your CP with the registrar that has registerd your domain, and point the DNS to the ones of your VH account. So you can use the VH account immediately

Gosh I don't know what a CP is.

By registar do you mean the host. or are you talking about the registry at whois site.(that says it is with tucows, Inc.) or on my host site.

Boy I sound so dumb, must be my age. I am over the hill.

Comment

Registrar is the company you purchased the domain name from, and registered it through the internet. Most times, it is your host that does this for you. If you don't have a CP (control panel) with them, or don't know how to use it, just call them and ask them to change the nameservers for you.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Ah great help

I have vdeck, but I could not do it there.
                          so I called and they showed me how to go to (opensrs) I did not change anything, but I know how now.

Upon viewing the VH help video, I noticed that i have to change two places
                          Primary
                          and Secondary

I also realized that I have to be signed up to Voda Hosting before I can do this and that they will send me a email as to what I have to change the name server to.
                          Is this correct, because I do not know what to put in the boxes to change.

I am not on Voda Host yet, but it is coming soon.
                          Sorry about so many questions, but I am so disapointed in my server and my building program they have, that I fell like I got taken and I am scared to try another. I must say, I have read so many post here, and checked out so much on your site that I feel good about it. I wish I had found you about a week ago, as I only had my other host for a week.

I am very pleased with Blue Voda and have been coming along with my site.
                          Thank you so much for all your answers.

I will be ready to sign up with VH in about 2 weeks. I will not cancel my other hosting until I sign up with you. I think that would be best.
                          Although I don't have a site published with them. Only because their building software is bad. support takes forever and I have spent the week just waiting for ans.

I have made my home page with bule voda and some link pages, I am not sure that I have saved them right, but I will take care of that after I become a Voda member.

God Bless
                          Evalen

Comment

Originally posted by Evalen
                            Ah great help

I have vdeck, but I could not do it there.
                            so I called and they showed me how to go to (opensrs) I did not change anything, but I know how now.

Upon viewing the VH help video, I noticed that i have to change two places
                            Primary
                            and Secondary Correct

I also realized that I have to be signed up to Voda Hosting before I can do this and that they will send me a email as to what I have to change the name server to.
                            Is this correct, because I do not know what to put in the boxes to change.
                            In the welcome mail that you will receive form VH, you will have all details. Among them, the nameservers that you need to set in your actuall vdesk control panel.

I am not on Voda Host yet, but it is coming soon.
                            Sorry about so many questions, but I am so disapointed in my server and my building program they have, that I fell like I got taken and I am scared to try another. I must say, I have read so many post here, and checked out so much on your site that I feel good about it. I wish I had found you about a week ago, as I only had my other host for a week.

I am very pleased with Blue Voda and have been coming along with my site.
                            Thank you so much for all your answers.

I will be ready to sign up with VH in about 2 weeks. I will not cancel my other hosting until I sign up with you. I think that would be best.
                            Although I don't have a site published with them. Only because their building software is bad. support takes forever and I have spent the week just waiting for ans.

You must NOT cancel your account with them until you have yoor VH account setup. That's because if you cancel it now, you will not be able to switch your nameservers to your VH ones. First stup your VH account, then have the nameservers pointed in VH, then, after 60 days from when you purchased your domain name are passed, you may ask for a transfer and the account be shutdown.
                            Hope this helps.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank You so much you have been very helpful.
                              I am glad that you said do not shut down my other server. because I have been very close to doing so. I WILL NOT shut it down.
                              I will sign up to VH change my domain server and then wait for the 60 days and then transfer my domain name to VH wait until it goes through and then close my other account

Funny my 60 days falls on Thanksgiving, boy will I be thankful. hee hee.

God Bless
                              Evalen who will soon be a family member

Comment

Working...
                              X