Problems with passwords and publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with passwords and publishing

I am totally frustrated. I am trying to publish my index page but am required to enter my username and password but nothing I have tried works. I received two order confirmations in two emails issued just 9 minutes apart. They appear almost identical but differ in the passwords and usernames presented. Neither of the passwords or user names work, though I have tried them numerous times very carefully.

My domain is: dabsof light.com, my ID is 10247

I am not at all sure that this is where I need to seek help but is the only place that I can express the problem. Please help. I want to get this website up and running. Thanks in advance.

pixelpainter
    www.dabsoflight.com

For fine pixel art and photos
    pixelpainter@verizon.net

Re: Problems with passwords and publishing

You're publishing to the wrong IP address. Find the correct one if your welcome email and make sure it's highlighted when you publish. If you don't see your IP address listed, download the newest version of BV.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hey Pixel do you have a hosting account or just a domain name? With the hosting acct comes a welcome email that has all the info you need to pubish.
      But if you just have a domain name, you won't have that info..
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Racefan20
        Thanks for the info. Apparently I had the wrong IP however when I corrected it I still get error #12014 (The password is incorrect) I made sure the IP address was highlighted. I still have two sets of passwords and user names, but neither set work. They were the exact ones supplied by VodaHost. The IP for both sets is identical. Still frustrated.
        pixelpainter
        www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

Liz,
          I do have a VodaHost account as of Sept. 19. Nothing I have tried so far has worked out. I am still very frustrated. Perhaps an error has occured with VodaHost itseslf. But I do very much appreciate your effort to help.

Pixelpainter VH:ID 10247
          Last edited by PixelPainter; 09-29-2006, 05:04 AM. Reason: misspelling
          www.dabsoflight.com

pixelpainter@verizon.net

Comment

In the LAST "Confirmation Email" you received, you'll find the latest Password that is active for your account.

Also in that latest email, you'll see the IP...double-check you are finding the exact one in BV (some look very much alike, only a number or two off!) and try using the last password also.

IF this still does not work, try logon to your VH Account cPanel....(again using the latest password). If you can do this, then something is not happening in BV for you, and either the processes are not precise, or quite possibly you need to download once again.

If you CAN NOT logon to cPanel, then Submit a Support Ticket (mark it "Critical", and explain everything in detail) - let them reset your password for you one more time.
            >> When you get your new password, immediately Publish :: Do NOT race into cPanel and change your password.....leave that until another day. Get a page or two up first.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X