Page dimensions and resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page dimensions and resolution

I recently tried to set up my pages so all user could view them without side scroll. I think I did them all wrong. I have made a black background at 1024 by 735, I then put in all my page info from 124 to 924 leaving black space on both sides. Aparantly that was the wrong method. I then Tried my about us page by making the page 800 by 735 centered it and now have white on the sides. I'm not sure what to do now as I was told the first method was not right. And I'm not sure how to adjust the resolution just the page size. I could use some help cause I'm stumpted now. Thanks kenb You can see what I mean if you go to my site, look at some pages and then go to the about us page. Could you tell me what happens on your screen.http://lightningcycles.ca

Re: Page dimensions and resolution

I just couldnt figure out what the problem was so I went right back to the first tutorial and I realized that instead of setting the background 1st in black, I had inserted a huge black rectangle shape instead, totally skipping that crutial step right from the time I started building pages. And never looked back until I started getting posts that my pages were not centered and there was white on the sides and a bunch of other little issues that were driving me mad. So word to the wise, follow the instructions carefully from start to finish. I sure learned my lesson as I had made the rectangle 1024 by 735 and carefully had to center everything on my site 800 wide and strained my eyes in the process. I could have been finished my site a week ago. O Well Live and Learn... kenb

Comment

Working...
    X